Battery charge and Hotspot/tether woes

Discussion in 'Droid RAZR Support' started by 2oldman, Nov 4, 2012.

1. 2oldman

2oldman New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Things I cannot stand about my Motorola Droid Razr:

Motorola can never seem to get a charging connector that works without having to wiggle it. My old clamshell was a nightmare with that teeny-wire flat thing, now this phone is getting flaky.

On a 2 -bar, 4G connection in south Indio, CA:
    The Hotspot works, sometimes, but never without a fight. If I take a picture or make a call, I almost always have to reboot the phone in order for the Hotspot to work. I can usually get a wifi signal to the computer, but it's no guarantee that an internet connection will actually be functioning. Sometimes I have to turn it on and off, and turn on and off the Data Enabled, sometimes several times.

Tethering almost never works. I can see an attempt at a connection on the start bar, but it rarely completes to let me on the internet. I am well aware of the "reboot" answer. I'm sick of doing that. I just want the phone to work.

2. xtor

xtor Senior Member

Ratings:
    +68
    I had problems with stock hotspot app, went to foxfi, it has problems now and then, but not like stock app, i play ps3 online for hrs on foxfi with no problems. I could never get stock app to connect to ps3

point of origin

3. 94lt1

94lt1 DF Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,420
    Current Phone Model:
    Droid Turbo
    My phone shows 3 bars if 4g at times and yet its actual connection is-107 dbm... in other words connection sucks... you might try checking the strength of your connection and seeing if your not in a similar situation...

If so, use lte on/off and switch to CDMA auto prl...it will be a more stable connection..

Search tags for this page

apk for battery charging with usb tethering

droid bionic battery charge tethering

galaxy s3 hot battery on tethering