What is the new update supposed to fix? Data connection problems?

joeygirl

Reaction score
I am having terrible network connection problems. I've had the Razr for about a month and for the first 2 weeks it was great. Now I am constantly without data service. In and out, in and out, driving me crazy. Went to Verizon store twice. First time the kid said they were having network issues with 4G, I told him that I don't run 4G and it doesn't work with 3G which my original Droid was perfect with. Second time they replace the sim card. Lost data as soon as I walked out of the store. I'm very frustrated.

Captmilk

Reaction score
I am having terrible network connection problems. I've had the Razr for about a month and for the first 2 weeks it was great. Now I am constantly without data service. In and out, in and out, driving me crazy. Went to Verizon store twice. First time the kid said they were having network issues with 4G, I told him that I don't run 4G and it doesn't work with 3G which my original Droid was perfect with. Second time they replace the sim card. Lost data as soon as I walked out of the store. I'm very frustrated.

https://supportforums.motorola.com/message/529941#529941

Who Can Use This Release
ALL DROID RAZR by MOTOROLA users

Enhancements and Fixes:
Data

• Enhanced 4G data connectivity.
  • Eliminated false SIM error messages.
  • Improved performance for transition between 3G and 4G connections.
  • Improved maintenance of network connection upon completion of a voice call.
  • Enhanced Wi-Fi performance.
Camera

• Enhanced camera performance
Phone Stability

• Resolved general stability issues in menu access, Browser, Phone Dialer, video playback and music player reducing Force Close errors and lockups.
Other

• Improved readability for Lapdock™ email, SMS and social networking user interface menu items.
  • Updated group message notifications.

eshef

Reaction score
It seems to be working (fingers crossed. knock on wood!) Got the update yesterday morning. Before that when I turned the phone on it was a 50/50 chance as to whether there was data or not. (I'm running 3G, no 4G here) Now it seems to be there when I turn it on.dancedroid

Raydee35

Reaction score
Since the new update this morning I have NO DATA CONNECTION at all. Any idea's?

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Since the new update this morning I have NO DATA CONNECTION at all. Any idea's?
Yes give it a few minutes. It will come back up. Right after the update it takes a bit for the signal to appear and level out. Hang tight

Moses

Reaction score
I live in MA and have had the phone for almost a month ago. Has worked well and then I took the latest update yesterday. Seemed to work fine for most of the day then last night I lost all 3G/4G connectivity, still nothing today. I've toggled between Airplane mode on/off, powered it down, removed sim card, etc. Nothing is working at all, very frustrating. And to top it off, half my applications display the generic tools/setting icon vs it's actual own icon. My wife has an iPhone 4 on Verizon too and has had no issues at all so there is something wrong with my phone. What is going on here?

Heading to my local Verizon store very soon.

Moses

Reaction score
Spent 1 hr on phone with Tech Support and Advanced Tech Support. Couldn't help me and then suggested 'factory reset' which didn't resolve problem either. They'll be shipping me a new Razr monday.

Captmilk

Reaction score
Spent 1 hr on phone with Tech Support and Advanced Tech Support. Couldn't help me and then suggested 'factory reset' which didn't resolve problem either. They'll be shipping me a new Razr monday.

It's probably not the phone, just the software

Captmilk

Reaction score
My buddy just got a Rezound and we share the same office cubicle. He hasn't lost 4G yet and my Razr switches form 4G to 3G constantly....