i hate my razor

Zandar

Reaction score
Here's what I got to say. I am at a location where 4GLTE is spotty, but there is a strong 3G presence.  I catch my phone bouncing back and forth from 4G to 3G.  What bothers me the most, is that the data service will completely cut out all together for several minutes at times.  My OG DroidI did not exhibit this behavior.

However, when 4G is on...baby its on!
If you leave your device on 3G only, you'll see great battery life out of it. Sucks that they don't give us an option for 4G only.

SASChii

Reaction score
If you leave your device on 3G only, you'll see great battery life out of it. Sucks that they don't give us an option for 4G only.

yeah I have resorted to putting it in CDMA only mode...serves my needs as I don't stream content.

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah prolly not.....its takin a turn for the worst and mostly because people get all uppity if you say anything negative about a particular phone its almost like they feel the need to "defend" the phone or perhaps they feel its an attack on their phone(which often times is an extension.of us) thusley they feel it an attack on them the person.........people are very weird sometimes. Lmao i should know i am one of them.

Actually the turn came from you when you got questioned on your jumping to conclusions. Just sayin.

Digital Cha0s

Reaction score
I'd love to buy your Junk Antichrist RAZR that you hate so much lol but no learn to love it my friend

Sent from my Superior DROID RAZR

OP
K

kanyonkritter

Reaction score
New phone still has an unstable data connection......although i atained much faster download and upload speeds after rooting and freezing bloatware but keyboard is now slow to respond.

MJ880

Reaction score
Droid Razr.Does it REALLY live up to the Razr Name? It def. lives up 2 the Droid name

Droid Razr.Does it REALLY live up to the Razr Name? It def. lives up 2 the Droid name. And that might not be a great thing.....

i've had Blackberrys, Iphone, Iphone 3, Iphone 4, Iphone 4S, Droid, Droid X, Droid X2, Droid Razr - I have to say the common theme throughout my experience with android based phones is that they all have bugs. I have yet to have one android based phone that wasn't replaced at least once.

You read posts and most people find: Battery issues, Programs shutting out of the blue. Not to mention a hit or miss reputation. The phones are some what more masculine in software than Apple but with Apple you have a lot less issues. The majority of Apple customers don't have to switch their phones out for a 2nd and 3rd Iphone. It just doesn't happen as frequently as it does with Android. The phones have a lot of areas to modify but what good is modifying a phone when you:

Can't use 4G because battery lasts for half the day.
Can't reply on navigation when driving because your service toggles between 4G, 3G, and NO G!
Can't write an email without your application shutting half way through the email.

Shouldn't we expect more from a $750 phone?

You shouldn't have to tweak the phone for it to have a battery that will last. You should have a phone that works and lasts. They are charging close to 6, 7, and 800 dollars for these phones. Shouldn't we expect more??

Needless to say I went back to the Iphone 4s. I was hoping Android could actually deliver with this phone. It is by far a great phone. But it's greatness only shows up when the phones feels like it.

ddfuji

Reaction score
Droid Razr.Does it REALLY live up to the Razr Name? It def. lives up 2 the Droid name. And that might not be a great thing.....

i've had Blackberrys, Iphone, Iphone 3, Iphone 4, Iphone 4S, Droid, Droid X, Droid X2, Droid Razr - I have to say the common theme throughout my experience with android based phones is that they all have bugs. I have yet to have one android based phone that wasn't replaced at least once.

You read posts and most people find: Battery issues, Programs shutting out of the blue. Not to mention a hit or miss reputation. The phones are some what more masculine in software than Apple but with Apple you have a lot less issues. The majority of Apple customers don't have to switch their phones out for a 2nd and 3rd Iphone. It just doesn't happen as frequently as it does with Android. The phones have a lot of areas to modify but what good is modifying a phone when you:

Can't use 4G because battery lasts for half the day.
Can't reply on navigation when driving because your service toggles between 4G, 3G, and NO G!
Can't write an email without your application shutting half way through the email.

Shouldn't we expect more from a $750 phone?

You shouldn't have to tweak the phone for it to have a battery that will last. You should have a phone that works and lasts. They are charging close to 6, 7, and 800 dollars for these phones. Shouldn't we expect more??

Needless to say I went back to the Iphone 4s. I was hoping Android could actually deliver with this phone. It is by far a great phone. But it's greatness only shows up when the phones feels like it.

hmmmm definetly not having those problems. my battery last 12 to 14 hours. and i only paid a penny for mine

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
I feel it's wrong to hate, so I merely dislike your Razr.

Raw Dodge

Reaction score
Im having many of the same issues the OP has as well...coming from a DX2 running Eclipse,the razr is faster,but the data connection isnt reliable.I bought my phone from a relative who didnt like the width of it,and went back to his iphone..so i have no way to exchange it thru verizon for a "refurb" I really dont want anyway....Verizon sent me a new sim card which did absolutely nothing....the data drops for up to 20 minutes at a time..its very aggravating. Its a catch 22,if you set up the smart controls to kill your data when not charging and the screens off, you haver to cross your fingers it will pick up data when you need it..if you dont set the smart actions,the battery is dead,in a few hours even on 3g..and you still lose data but not as often...I turned my ohone to CDMA only,and this didnt help at all with data loss...all it did was stopped it from jumping on LTE when it was available...I love the Razr,but it is aggravating,now i cant relaibly use google navigation,with this issue,my DX and DX2 never lost data like this,they were reliable connections,and you could trust the navigation to work.....I have excellent 3g data coverage in my area,but youd never know it if you only had the Razr...Im hoping this OTA helps,if it doesnt, I think im going back to my DX2 until they can figure things out,SIM errors,horrible battery life and no data are not worth the increased speed and FFC....

robert70

Reaction score
That's why I always wait to get the new phone that I want after its release, for example I just got my x2 like a month ago and it was released in like April or may? I figure there will always be bugs at the beginning and with my tendancy to chuck phones at the wall cuz they piss me off,,its better to wait for the bugs to be worked out, so I figured I would get my razr in Feb some time.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

Raw Dodge

Reaction score
I should have known too.I pre ordered the x2....and sent it back 10 days later..it was horrible ....after it for gingerbread i picked up a used one and haven't looked back...I really love the Razr and its 4g capabilities ...so I'm hoping the update does something for me...if that works all ill need is the 3500ma battery with new back door and I should be able to make it thru a day of normal use....

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I should have known too.I pre ordered the x2....and sent it back 10 days later..it was horrible ....after it for gingerbread i picked up a used one and haven't looked back...I really love the Razr and its 4g capabilities ...so I'm hoping the update does something for me...if that works all ill need is the 3500ma battery with new back door and I should be able to make it thru a day of normal use....

There is no extended battery for the Razr. It has non removable battery.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
One thing I find to be true with the Motorola guys is, you have a bad experience with Motorola and come on here and talk about it, you're automatically a troll. I think a ton of people drink the Motorola Kool-Aid and are hypocrites when they talk about Iphone users. Also, the Razr/Bionic guys are always the ones raiding the Nexus and Resound threads because they like to brag about their phone and feel good about themselves.

X

Raw Dodge

Reaction score
There is no extended battery for the Razr. It has non removable battery.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

I own the phone I'm aware of that. However for those willing to risk there warranty. There is a 3500ma hr battery and thicker rear door on its way.I'm signed up to receive the word the day its released ....without the promise of the battery and the ota this week ...this phone was going on Craigslist ....now I'm going to stick it out and wait.