CM6 final is here!

andrew149

Reaction score
Anyone getting really bad battery life like 6 hours on light use?

Hey Andy, Check to see if your battery is swelled up at all.. you can do a simple test by placing it on a flat surface (preferably table top) and try to spin it. If it does, there's some swelling in your battery and its causing it to deplete quickly. Along w/the other tweaks that are being mentioned to you, you can also purchase a new battery from VZW and test out the depletion for 30 days(returnable) and see if you get the same result.

no battery swollen also all the battery widgets are saying its in good shape

sandfreak

Reaction score
flashed last night around midnight...so far i've had the phone freeze on me twice and restart on its own 4 times. anybody know what's up with this or also experiencing this? i usually don't have problems with cyanogenmod
Did you wipe before you flashed? Are you running the stock kernel?

yes i wiped, i'm running chevy 1.25 kernel low voltage

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Try running the 1.1 for a while. It's a big step down but if it's stable you could bump up to the 1.2 if the 1.1 wasn't fast enough.

Just a suggestion. :) It might not be the kernel after all, but it's worth eliminating as a culprit.

sandfreak

Reaction score
Try running the 1.1 for a while. It's a big step down but if it's stable you could bump up to the 1.2 if the 1.1 wasn't fast enough.

Just a suggestion. :) It might not be the kernel after all, but it's worth eliminating as a culprit.

yeah i could try the 1.1, i don't really need it as fast as i have it. just did cuz it was available. do the p3droid kernels work for cm6? in rom manager it says for eclair only...

one other thing, is there a way to change the green color in the dialpad?

Wake N Bake

Reaction score
This is an awesome rom people.
I have a couple of questions though.
First, When I plug my phone in to the computer my usb storage is automatically being turned on. How do I turn this off, as this has never happened before loading this rom.

Secondly, how do I set the screen to never timeout when on charge? I swear my phone used to do this, but I do not see anything for this now. Please help if you can.

andrew149

Reaction score
To fix my poor battery life i wiped the phone 3 times reformated the phone in nandroid restarted battery stats now im getting 12+ hours of pretty mediumish heavy useage of internet twitter facebook texting...i did not talk on the phone during those 12 hours BTW

Zander_206

Reaction score
This ROM is amazing! I havent ran anything smoother .... wow is all im goin to say dancedroid

yehgermeister

Reaction score
When I try to go into CyanogenMod settings, it would force close on me.

Any Ideas? Sorry, I'm new to the rooting and changing ROMs.

Zander_206

Reaction score
When I try to go into CyanogenMod settings, it would force close on me.

Any Ideas? Sorry, I'm new to the rooting and changing ROMs.

You could try fixing permissions and if that didn't help ....Did you wipe data and cache when switching to CM? and also did you try to apply any kind of theme ?

jville95

Reaction score
To fix my poor battery life i wiped the phone 3 times reformated the phone in nandroid restarted battery stats now im getting 12+ hours of pretty mediumish heavy useage of internet twitter facebook texting...i did not talk on the phone during those 12 hours BTW

Im gonna give this a shot now andrew149. Im on CM6 Final and I can squeeze 5-8 hrs outta my phone on any given day with heavy texting and little web browsing. But im looking for a 12 hr+ range with medium to heavy usage myself. Will report back in a day or so... :)

*edit: Sorry to be a noob but how would I go about "reformatting the phone in nandroid" or is that the same as 'wipe data/factory reset' and 'wipe cahce partition'??

Last edited:

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
This is an awesome rom people.
I have a couple of questions though.
First, When I plug my phone in to the computer my usb storage is automatically being turned on. How do I turn this off, as this has never happened before loading this rom.

Secondly, how do I set the screen to never timeout when on charge? I swear my phone used to do this, but I do not see anything for this now. Please help if you can.
Settings>Applications>Development>USB debugging and Stay awake

Hope that answers your questions! :)

andrew149

Reaction score

Im gonna give this a shot now andrew149. Im on CM6 Final and I can squeeze 5-8 hrs outta my phone on any given day with heavy texting and little web browsing. But im looking for a 12 hr+ range with medium to heavy usage myself. Will report back in a day or so... :)

*edit: Sorry to be a noob but how would I go about "reformatting the phone in nandroid" or is that the same as 'wipe data/factory reset' and 'wipe cahce partition'??

tell me how that works out for you i spent 2 days trying to fix it and all i need was a really good whip haha

broosewee

Reaction score
CM6 is the most stable ROM I've used in many months. Bugless is a close second but without a release in the past 2 months, CM6 is more polished at this point.

Wake N Bake

Reaction score
CM6 is the most stable ROM I've used in many months. Bugless is a close second but without a release in the past 2 months, CM6 is more polished at this point.

Agreed, using this at least until 4.8 with FRG22D build comes out. Good work Koush

Settings>Applications>Development>USB debugging and Stay awake

Hope that answers your questions! :)

Thank you, that was easy and a Duh moment.