CM6 final is here!

ohfire

Reaction score
Thanks! I am trying to find a rom that will let my battery last all day. I am really having issues. Almost ready to unroot and just run standard.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint

ohfire

Reaction score
I have been running UD 7.0 since it came out. I have had pretty good luck with BD roms, they have been pretty stable for me. I have not changed the kernel from the one that came with the rom and I still get very poor battery life if I use the phone much at all during the day. I have the screen set to shut off at 1 min and I always shut it off before I put it away.

zerosouls

Soulless Droid
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gplus.to
I have been running UD 7.0 since it came out. I have had pretty good luck with BD roms, they have been pretty stable for me. I have not changed the kernel from the one that came with the rom and I still get very poor battery life if I use the phone much at all during the day. I have the screen set to shut off at 1 min and I always shut it off before I put it away.

Never used BD's roms myself... but it's never a bad idea to snoop around with other ROM's... you can always backup and try something else for a few days. I have backups of tons of rom's and every time I end up going back to CM or Sapphire, currently CM cuz CM6 rox.

ohfire

Reaction score
Well I am dloading it now and gonna give it a try. It can't be much worse than what I have been running. Thanks for the input!

andrew149

Reaction score
Thanks! I am trying to find a rom that will let my battery last all day. I am really having issues. Almost ready to unroot and just run standard.

okay so on BD 7.0 i was getting about 12 hours of good use

Cm6 i charged my phone last night at 2 in the morning unlpuged it woke up at 10 downloaded a bunch of stuff texting and playing with facebook and twitter it is now 9:43 and the phone is at 30% im really impressed ive never gotten such good battery life before

TuBitMittens

Reaction score
I'm having weird market issues on this rom. The market would force close on me or kick me out. Or it would give me a network error. Don't know why. I always wipe cache parition 3x and do a full wipe/factory reset.
what should I do about this? I tried this a couple of times already.

zerosouls

Soulless Droid
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gplus.to
I'm having weird market issues on this rom. The market would force close on me or kick me out. Or it would give me a network error. Don't know why. I always wipe cache parition 3x and do a full wipe/factory reset.
what should I do about this? I tried this a couple of times already.

Download an app called rom manager and then run the fix permissions command inside of it. After that reboot and try your issue again.

theheklor

Reaction score
So uuh, is there a mirror for this dl? It is taking forever to download from OP's link.

theheklor

Reaction score
Must just be high traffic. I finally got it after 15 mins. I checked speedtest.net and it definitely isn't my end (for once). I am now installing via update.zip!

04CiviCon20s

Reaction score
I believe the only downside to CyanogenMod is that the theming community is very spread out. There is not really a single repository for themes and most of the CM community is generally happy with the stock theme.

Luckily DarkEdge never leaves out CM in it's releases so I have that to look forward to.

Really this is hardly a downside at all to the ROM in general. Just coming from a perspective from a theme-appreciator; CM could really use a source from which to enjoy all themes created for CM.

I actually am waiting for someone to theme CM6 cuz am def a Theme guy..Since trying "Golden Elegance"(UD7.0) and Liquid's BFY theme for LFY1.5, I cannot seem to go stock regardless how great the Rom performs. Hopefully CM 6 gets themes quickly..Hint Kook, Luna,..Whoever else is out there that got me "Theme Crazed":)

Wake N Bake

Reaction score
I believe the only downside to CyanogenMod is that the theming community is very spread out. There is not really a single repository for themes and most of the CM community is generally happy with the stock theme.

Luckily DarkEdge never leaves out CM in it's releases so I have that to look forward to.

Really this is hardly a downside at all to the ROM in general. Just coming from a perspective from a theme-appreciator; CM could really use a source from which to enjoy all themes created for CM.

I actually am waiting for someone to theme CM6 cuz am def a Theme guy..Since trying "Golden Elegance"(UD7.0) and Liquid's BFY theme for LFY1.5, I cannot seem to go stock regardless how great the Rom performs. Hopefully CM 6 gets themes quickly..Hint Kook, Luna,..Whoever else is out there that got me "Theme Crazed":)

Golden Elegance is already available, as well as Black glass and Evo.