CM6 final is here!

keithsmith22

Reaction score
Thanks chimp. I am aware of how to do that as well as other things that I am looking to do. I just know that most of the other ROMS I have run include scripts to this for you. I figured this would have the same. Plus each ROM has one or two different scripts and as a first time CM user I would love to know what else can be done with this ROM that is not under the customization settings.

04CiviCon20s

Reaction score
Testing out the new CM6 now. If I like it I plan to port my Luna Theme this morning. I hope that you guys are interested in this!

Am definitely interested in the Luna theme Icc, I haven't loaded up CM6 yet cuz am waiting on some more appealing feedback. LFY 1.5 is work so FLAWLESSLY on my Droid right now. Absolute perfect w/no issue at all.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Thanks chimp. I am aware of how to do that as well as other things that I am looking to do. I just know that most of the other ROMS I have run include scripts to this for you. I figured this would have the same. Plus each ROM has one or two different scripts and as a first time CM user I would love to know what else can be done with this ROM that is not under the customization settings.
Tweet @Cyanogen and hope for a response. This ROM probably doesn't have any custom scripts because of the design theory behind it.

If the tweet fails, hit the forums up at Cyanogenmod.com and see if you can find any information. If you do, please share it so others can learn. :)

Nblufire12

Reaction score
Installed it late last night and it's faster than my Bugless Beast .4.

Sticking with it. Using Smoked Glass theme!

naman919

Reaction score
switched to the final of CM 6 from Sapphire 1.0 this morning.

When i go to settings and try and select Cyanogenmod Settings I get a "Sorry!" message and that com.android.settings has stopped unexpectedly. Stupid FC.

Any idea why this would happen? I didn't do a wipe before installing CM6 b/c moving from Sapphire was a lateral move and isn't required.

Anyone else have this problem? Or a solution?

speakercode

Reaction score

When i go to settings and try and select Cyanogenmod Settings I get a "Sorry!" message and that com.android.settings has stopped unexpectedly. Stupid FC.

Any idea why this would happen? I didn't do a wipe before installing CM6 b/c moving from Sapphire was a lateral move and isn't required.

do a wipe, that's your problem. Sucks, but even though it's a supposed lateral move, CM changes enough things that you will need to wipe before you move to it. I had the same thing trying to install CM over bb one time, and doing a wipe fixed it.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news...

naman919

Reaction score
do a wipe, that's your problem. Sucks, but even though it's a supposed lateral move, CM changes enough things that you will need to wipe before you move to it. I had the same thing trying to install CM over bb one time, and doing a wipe fixed it.

*facepalm*

thanks. i'll do that now.

04CiviCon20s

Reaction score

Its not bad news ...Its reality..Am also wandering if anyone has compared CM6 to LFY 1.5? My droid is working great and don't really want to wipe and install this ROM unless CM6 is that much nicer..:)

Last edited:

naman919

Reaction score

Its not bad news ...Its reality:)

well, yeah it is bad news. I already installed it and reloaded my widgets only to find that little bug.

It shouldn't occur b/c moving b/t froyo ROMs typically can be done w/o a wipe. Oh well. only ten minutes lost.

andrew149

Reaction score
Anyone getting really bad battery life like 6 hours on light use?

04CiviCon20s

Reaction score

Its not bad news ...Its reality:)

well, yeah it is bad news. I already installed it and reloaded my widgets only to find that little bug.

It shouldn't occur b/c moving b/t froyo ROMs typically can be done w/o a wipe. Oh well. only ten minutes lost.

Not to beat a dead horse but it's not "that little bug." Its not considered to be a "bug" if a "wipe" is needed to go from rom to rom. If you install a new program on your computer, a "reboot" is usually needed for program to be installed "Completely". In our case, a "Full Wipe" is Needed to ensure a "Successful" load due to cache and rom sensitivity. But as you stated, Only 10 minutes so you're good to go. I hate to wipe also but to avoid a prolonged rom reload, I "ALWAYS" wipe. Then I know, a wipe will not be the problem if another "Bug" shows its ugly face...

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Anyone getting really bad battery life like 6 hours on light use?
Change your signature! :)

Really bad battery life is usually attributed to running apps you shouldn't (task killers or antivirus) or a desperate need to cycle your phone so it can re-learn battery charge states.