CM6 final is here!

naman919

Reaction score
Not to beat a dead horse but it's not "that little bug." Its not considered to be a "bug" if a "wipe" is needed to go from rom to rom. If you install a new program on your computer, a "reboot" is usually needed for program to be installed "Completely". In our case, a "Full Wipe" is Needed to ensure a "Successful" load due to cache and rom sensitivity. But as you stated, Only 10 minutes so you're good to go. I hate to wipe also but to avoid a prolonged rom reload, I "ALWAYS" wipe. Then I know, a wipe will not be the problem if another "Bug" shows its ugly face...

"Reboot" is not a correct analogy. Makes more sense to think of it like cleaning the registry when performing a wipe.

Also, i can't even begin to digest your use of quotation marks everywhere above.

andrew149

Reaction score
Anyone getting really bad battery life like 6 hours on light use?
Change your signature! :)

Really bad battery life is usually attributed to running apps you shouldn't (task killers or antivirus) or a desperate need to cycle your phone so it can re-learn battery charge states.

Just changed it im not running any of that crap i have wiped three times loaded the rom more than once i have lowered my kernal i have set my sync up on all apps to 1hour instead of 30mins did anything improved NO..so idk whats going on here

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Cycle the phone/battery. It's safe as long as you don't do it all the time -- let the battery run down till it shuts the phone off, then charge it up from the wall charger for 1-2 hours uninterrupted. What happens is when you flash ROMs and stuff the phone starts misremembering what the proper charge states for the battery is. By cycling it down you're forcing it to relearn from scratch.

If it doesn't fix it you might have an issue aside from charge states. Are you running WiFi tethering or anything like that?

andrew149

Reaction score
Cycle the phone/battery. It's safe as long as you don't do it all the time -- let the battery run down till it shuts the phone off, then charge it up from the wall charger for 1-2 hours uninterrupted. What happens is when you flash ROMs and stuff the phone starts misremembering what the proper charge states for the battery is. By cycling it down you're forcing it to relearn from scratch.

If it doesn't fix it you might have an issue aside from charge states. Are you running WiFi tethering or anything like that?

nope wifi and tethering are off screen brightness is on auto, gps is off bluetooth off

Last edited:

hiphopvenom

Reaction score
Cm has never been smoother.. it runs great at 600 for me.. being able to change the notification colors is great as well.. no need for any themes now.. good job cyanogen

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint

nope wifi and tethering are off screen brightness is on auto, gps is off bluetooth off
I'd say cycle it and see what happens. Can't really hurt. The only other thing I can think of is if your phone is locked on performance, has a minimum speed set the same as the max in your profiles on SetCPU, or has a really bad screen off profile.

What's using the most battery when you check battery usage under settings/about phone/status?

Jvandyke13

Reaction score
Don't know if its normal or not but I am running the new cm6 rom and have had my phone off the charger for 3 hours this morning and have not done much besides read a couple pages on tapatalk and a little bit on Facebook and my battery is down to 80%. Does this sound normal? If not any suggestions ?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
Don't know if its normal or not but I am running the new cm6 rom and have had my phone off the charger for 3 hours this morning and have not done much besides read a couple pages on tapatalk and a little bit on Facebook and my battery is down to 80%. Does this sound normal? If not any suggestions ?

What speed are you running it at? Do you have any apps running in the background that might be killing your battery? What kernel do you have installed? What's using the most battery in the settings/about phone/status listing?

Jvandyke13

Reaction score
No apps running in background and I am running at whatever speed cm 6 is at. I do not have any custom kernal installed nor am I using setcpu. The most usage under the battery usage log is the display at 59% followed by android system at 8% .

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
Are you in a low-signal area at the moment? That'll suck battery life fast.

Display at 59% sounds about right, but I don't know about 20% of your battery being gone -- on the other hand, CM is a little more accurate about reporting your battery state to the system than stock is/was. If you've dipped below 90% it'll reflect as 80%, in my experience, especially if you have a Droid that reports battery state in 1% increments.

I use a battery widget to keep me informed and I've noticed it keeps the battery in the task bar much more accurate than it ever was without it. That's my experience, though.

Jvandyke13

Reaction score
No im in an area that has full bars on my droid. I will use battery widget and see if the dipping to the lower battery % is just the thing. But im not sure what else would be causing the battery usage if it was actually close to 80%. as i mentioned following display at 59% Android system is at 8% Cell standby is also at 8% and phone idle is also at 8%. and my display settings are at auto brightness and screen time out of 30sec.

andrew149

Reaction score

I'd say cycle it and see what happens. Can't really hurt. The only other thing I can think of is if your phone is locked on performance, has a minimum speed set the same as the max in your profiles on SetCPU, or has a really bad screen off profile.

What's using the most battery when you check battery usage under settings/about phone/status?

so my min speed is 250mhz and max 800mhz ondemand
screen off 250-400mhz ondemand

i cannot think whats going on here because ive never have had issue's i read alot about all topics i stay up all night on irc's and im stumped is all i can put it

oh right now my display is 33% and phone idle 17% launcher pro 15% android system 12% cell standby 14%

Last edited:

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint

so my min speed is 250mhz and max 800mhz ondemand
screen off 250-400mhz ondemand

i cannot think whats going on here because ive never have had issue's i read alot about all topics i stay up all night on irc's and im stumped is all i can put it

oh right now my display is 33% and phone idle 17% launcher pro 15% android system 12% cell standby 14%
That's a lot for Launcher Pro... Like, a WHOLE lot.

Do you use an Exchange server for your e-mail? If so, make sure your accounts aren't screwed up because someone in the main FRG22D (same build as CM6) thread just figured out what was up with HIS phone, and it was a borked Exchange account. Deleting it and setting the account back up cured his problem.

@Jvandyke13: I'm stumped unless at the moment unless you use Exchange as well. Sorry. I'll keep my eyes peeled, but you could try a different ROM to see if you have the same issue -- just make sure you save the backup in case you want to come back.

04CiviCon20s

Reaction score
Not to beat a dead horse but it's not "that little bug." Its not considered to be a "bug" if a "wipe" is needed to go from rom to rom. If you install a new program on your computer, a "reboot" is usually needed for program to be installed "Completely". In our case, a "Full Wipe" is Needed to ensure a "Successful" load due to cache and rom sensitivity. But as you stated, Only 10 minutes so you're good to go. I hate to wipe also but to avoid a prolonged rom reload, I "ALWAYS" wipe. Then I know, a wipe will not be the problem if another "Bug" shows its ugly face...

"Reboot" is not a correct analogy. Makes more sense to think of it like cleaning the registry when performing a wipe.

Also, i can't even begin to digest your use of quotation marks everywhere above.

"Also, i can't even begin to digest your use of quotation marks everywhere above.
"

Quotes reiterate importance! Anyways, I see where this "Conversation" is going and I am by far, not the one to create negativity but Condone positiveness whenever possible. I will leave it where it is. You take care ok and lets enjoy the free knowledge that we all get from this great community.:)

04CiviCon20s

Reaction score
Anyone getting really bad battery life like 6 hours on light use?

Hey Andy, Check to see if your battery is swelled up at all.. you can do a simple test by placing it on a flat surface (preferably table top) and try to spin it. If it does, there's some swelling in your battery and its causing it to deplete quickly. Along w/the other tweaks that are being mentioned to you, you can also purchase a new battery from VZW and test out the depletion for 30 days(returnable) and see if you get the same result.