Charger for your droid

krazyskott

Reaction score
Just a quick little tid bit of knowlage for my fellow noobs. The black Berry charger works just as well as the droids charger but is longer. So if you traded your black Berry in for the Droid I feel free to use it

joshua117

Reaction score
true. just a word of caution though, when i use mine the screen becomes very...well glitchy. more or less unusable. this doesn't stop charging however and it may be just mine. just a bit of my experience with it.

CBLJazz

Reaction score
i would think of using non-droid chargers as a last resort. as a general principal stick to name brand (OEM) chargers.

2 chargers for $14: OEM Rapid Car Charger + OEM Home Travel Charger for Verizon Motorola Droid A855 Cell Phone
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002W9X2NY/ref=oss_product

you don't want to fry a super-computer-phonoe (a $500 product) to save $14.

Last edited:

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
true. just a word of caution though, when i use mine the screen becomes very...well glitchy. more or less unusable. this doesn't stop charging however and it may be just mine. just a bit of my experience with it.

that's because it's the wrong voltage or wattage of some crap... some number is wrong. mine does it too with some chargers, it actually called someone, weird. there's a whole thread about this somewhere.. don't use that one.

joshua117

Reaction score

that's because it's the wrong voltage or wattage of some crap... some number is wrong. mine does it too with some chargers, it actually called someone, weird. there's a whole thread about this somewhere.. don't use that one.

yeah that sounds about right. only used it as a last resort and only that once.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes, it's been discussed many times. I've used my blackberry charger with no issues since I got it. Last night something weird happened with my phone but I don't see any way the charger could have caused it.

I say use it. YMMV:)

CBLJazz

Reaction score
You're actually safer using the usb to micro usb part only.
something gets funky with the wall part.

just plug it into the computer using the usb part of the bb cord if you can.

Laramie

Reaction score
I've been using the included wall charger with a monoprice 6 foot ferrite core usb cable. No issues whatsoever for little over a month.

anjoga

Reaction score
I've been using the included wall charger with a monoprice 6 foot ferrite core usb cable. No issues whatsoever for little over a month.

I have both the same cable from monoprice, as well as the usb wall charger and car charger from monoprice as well. Works great.