USB Charger

davesdroid23

Reaction score
just ordered droid 2 and noticed it has a usb to wall charger but doesnt come with both like my berry did. will the usb charger my berry came with be ok to use with my droid 2-assuming it fits of course?
thanks

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
AFAIK, the Droid wall charger actually uses a short usb cable to connect between the charger and the phone. You can just that cord. It will work for sure.

OP
D

davesdroid23

Reaction score
that i know--the question is, will the usb charger/cable i have from my blackberry charge the droid?

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
It probably will. There have been some issues in the past where Droids have gone crazy after/while being charged with a non-original charger and even a non-original usb cord. My original droid is not that picky and I have been able to use other usb cables (even one that is 15 feet long). It does seem to be a hit or miss situation though. I'm sure it is much more likely that a non-native cable will work than a non-native charger though.

Droids

Reaction score
The Droid uses a micro usb connector, the BB uses a mini connector (unless they changed recently) so the cables are not compatible.

ukyfan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The Droid uses a micro usb connector, the BB uses a mini connector (unless they changed recently) so the cables are not compatible.

unless you get a mini to micro adapter. I bought a cheap rocketfish mini usb cable from Best Buy that came with a micro adapter. Works just fine.

berbely

Reaction score
I prefer to get another one and make it works.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
that i know--the question is, will the usb charger/cable i have from my blackberry charge the droid?
Sure. Just check the number of mA it supplies. If it's less than what the charger that came with your Droid 2 supplies then it will charge slower.

There are a number of different BB models. Some use mini, some use micro.

There have been some issues in the past where Droids have gone crazy after/while being charged with a non-original charger and even a non-original usb cord.
The problem is that they interfere with the capacitive screen.

Last edited: