Not getting picture msg from Inc..

FFNPMcD

Reaction score
Hope this hasn't been covered..if so forgive me..
I'm currently using the Moto Droid and a buddy has the Droid Incrediable. After both phones have received the Froyo OTA update I am unable to receive picture messages from him. (Another guy with the Moto Droid is having the same problems getting the picture messages from him).
If the message is sent to a Black Berry and forwarded to me I can receive the message just fine...
Is there a setting i need to adjust? FTW I'm using the factory installed messenger.

Thanks for any help.

beckx020

Reaction score
Do you get a message and just not the pic? Or you don't get anything, like the message was never sent? I'm not getting all my messages either. But none of them are from Android phones. Just regular texting phones. Hmmmm.... this could be really bad.

OP
F

FFNPMcD

Reaction score
I get a message .. but its a blank square, and its followed by a download failed message. So far I have only noticed this when receiving picture messages from the HTC Incredible. Haven't had any problems getting picture messages from any other phone. very odd

beckx020

Reaction score
How big is the pic the incredible is trying to send? Can you send him a pic that is somewhat small in size, have him save it to his phone and then resend it to you? At least then you would get one you know fits.

I had trouble when I first got my Droid, sending out pics that were too big for someone else's phone to read. I don't remember what message they got.

But my problem now is not getting some texts. So not the same as yours is.

cas0134

Reaction score
I also could not receive a picture message from my wife, she has a droid eris I believe on 2.1, I just installed the second 2.2 update (frg22d??) on saturday. I did, however, receive a pic message from a friend after I did the update, but I'm not sure what he has for a phone. I just tried taking a pic with mine and sending it to her, then sent it back to me and that works fine, but I can't send a pic from hers to mine. Regular text messaging seems to be fine, any ideas? Thanks for any help.

beckx020

Reaction score
I also could not receive a picture message from my wife, she has a droid eris I believe on 2.1, I just installed the second 2.2 update (frg22d??) on saturday. I did, however, receive a pic message from a friend after I did the update, but I'm not sure what he has for a phone. I just tried taking a pic with mine and sending it to her, then sent it back to me and that works fine, but I can't send a pic from hers to mine. Regular text messaging seems to be fine, any ideas? Thanks for any help.
Try to crop the pic on your wife's phone smaller in the gallery and then send it to your phone.

OP
F

FFNPMcD

Reaction score
Verizon had the guy that sent me the picture factory reset his incredible... I can receive every picture message he sends now...
Did however find out that some phone require text to accompany the picture to ensure that the picture can be viewed.. (think he found that out trying to send to an i-phone)
Try either of those options. Good luck