Change Log for Droid RAZR/Maxx 6.12.181 Update

marlonvps

Reaction score
Why are people so freakin serious about getting ics on their phones. It will come when it will come. Your phone is working fine with gingerbread right now. You are fooling yourself when you start comparing with others. The RAZR is a fine phone...a delay in the update doesn't make Motorola crap. It means they are working hard to get you a bug free update. Grow up people!

jerkwad

Reaction score
Why are people so freakin serious about getting ics on their phones. It will come when it will come. Your phone is working fine with gingerbread right now. You are fooling yourself when you start comparing with others. The RAZR is a fine phone...a delay in the update doesn't make Motorola crap. It means they are working hard to get you a bug free update. Grow up people!

hey bro - how's that CRT TV working out for you still? Or Windows 98? Or that 1989 Volvo you still drive? Or how about that flip phone that you use must still use? Oh, what's that - you DON'T use that stuff anymore? You have a smart phone? Which one? The OG Droid? No? You have a *gasp* NEW phone? Crazy how you are still rocking that that OLD tech because I'm sure it all still works fine and you have no desire to update to newer "things". Your "grow up people!" comment is insulting at best, and stupid at worst.

Just because you have no desire to take advantage of new features and performance must mean that we don't need or have a right to desire such things either. We aren't "serious" about needing ICS. It's a want. It's a "want" to have a manufacturer (Motorola) support a device in a timely manner. It's a "want" to have a service provider (Verizon) support a device in a timely manner.

The RAZR is "fine" the way it is, but so were lots of other things that we upgraded for the sake of "moving forward".

The "delay" in seeing ICS on our phone has NO correlation to Motorola "working hard" on ICS for the RAZR...where do you get this crap?

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm curious at what point it became a delay? Moto has never said they'd have it out by now. They've been stating for months now "this year", even hinting at the latter half of the year.

And unless you work inside Moto on this specific project, I think it's pretty presumptuous for anybody to state they know how hard, or not, Moto is working on anything.

huskur

Reaction score
hey bro - how's that CRT TV working out for you still? Or Windows 98? Or that 1989 Volvo you still drive? Or how about that flip phone that you use must still use? Oh, what's that - you DON'T use that stuff anymore? You have a smart phone? Which one? The OG Droid? No? You have a *gasp* NEW phone? Crazy how you are still rocking that that OLD tech because I'm sure it all still works fine and you have no desire to update to newer "things". Your "grow up people!" comment is insulting at best, and stupid at worst.

Just because you have no desire to take advantage of new features and performance must mean that we don't need or have a right to desire such things either. We aren't "serious" about needing ICS. It's a want. It's a "want" to have a manufacturer (Motorola) support a device in a timely manner. It's a "want" to have a service provider (Verizon) support a device in a timely manner.

The RAZR is "fine" the way it is, but so were lots of other things that we upgraded for the sake of "moving forward".

The "delay" in seeing ICS on our phone has NO correlation to Motorola "working hard" on ICS for the RAZR...where do you get this crap?

I get your analogy....but look at it this way to..... Why not download the "beta" of Windows 8. Sure it works for 95% of what its supposed to but not 100%. Hence the word "beta" and thats also why it has not been released. I am sure the same is true for the NEW OS for Android (ICS). That answers the "why" questions.

jerkwad

Reaction score
I'm curious at what point it became a delay? Moto has never said they'd have it out by now. They've been stating for months now "this year", even hinting at the latter half of the year.

And unless you work inside Moto on this specific project, I think it's pretty presumptuous for anybody to state they know how hard, or not, Moto is working on anything.

^ I'm going to assume you are talking about marlonvps' comment as he was the one to use the word "delay" and I was simply responding to that part of his post. I don't consider NOT having ICS a "delay" - I'm just tired of waiting for it and want it on my phone instead of them spending time patching what we currently have. Everyone knows Moto didn't promise us a specific date, obviously it can't be "delayed".

I get your analogy....but look at it this way to..... Why not download the "beta" of Windows 8. Sure it works for 95% of what its supposed to but not 100%. Hence the word "beta" and thats also why it has not been released. I am sure the same is true for the NEW OS for Android (ICS). That answers the "why" questions.

^ You totally missed the point. i am not asking "why" it hasn't been released. Of course we don't want a 95% solution for our phones. Do you really think Motorola and Verizon don't have the man-hours available to them to pump out a working OS (ICS) for our phones (and others, for that matter)? When was ICS released? Ahh, yes...last year. We have devs here that have done more for the OS than Moto or Verizon working with far fewer resources and probably a real job that takes up most of their time. The saddest part about your 95% comment is that when we finally do get ICS we will be LUCKY if it is 95% complete/stable/bugfree. A big reason that the (awesome) devs have a place in the Android community is simply because the OSes aren't perfect when they make it to our phones from Verizon.

huskur

Reaction score
^ I'm going to assume you are talking about marlonvps' comment as he was the one to use the word "delay" and I was simply responding to that part of his post. I don't consider NOT having ICS a "delay" - I'm just tired of waiting for it and want it on my phone instead of them spending time patching what we currently have. Everyone knows Moto didn't promise us a specific date, obviously it can't be "delayed".

^ You totally missed the point. i am not asking "why" it hasn't been released. Of course we don't want a 95% solution for our phones. Do you really think Motorola and Verizon don't have the man-hours available to them to pump out a working OS (ICS) for our phones (and others, for that matter)? When was ICS released? Ahh, yes...last year. We have devs here that have done more for the OS than Moto or Verizon working with far fewer resources and probably a real job that takes up most of their time. The saddest part about your 95% comment is that when we finally do get ICS we will be LUCKY if it is 95% complete/stable/bugfree. A big reason that the (awesome) devs have a place in the Android community is simply because the OSes aren't perfect when they make it to our phones from Verizon.

When ICS is released by VZW/Moto/Google it will be as bug free as possible. That is their every day job. Not to take anything from the Devs here (because they do hard work for us) but the Roms they put out are not perfect either. There is a reason that the update isn't being pushed. Reasons that none of us know. I didn't miss the point at all...I can see in the wording that you were slightly irritated by the "grow up people" comment. I understand your desire to use the ICS forthcomings that it will bring and the enhancements. I want it to but i am not "jonesing" waiting to get it.

ICS came out on the Nexus and I had the opportunity to get it on upgrade but there is a reason i didn't. Yes, it has some issues. Small but it does. I would rather wait for a "more polished" version.

HNettles

Reaction score

Very poor analogy. Windows 8 sucks, big time. I will not be upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 8, not now, not ever.

huskur

Reaction score
Very poor analogy. Windows 8 sucks, big time. I will not be upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 8, not now, not ever.

Well to each their own. Thats EXACTLY what i mean. You cannot pass judgement until the final product is released. It's not fair to the manufacturer nor is it fair to anyone with any concept or experience with any product that gets unfair justification. The analogy is very correct

HNettles

Reaction score
Well to each their own. Thats EXACTLY what i mean. You cannot pass judgement until the final product is released. It's not fair to the manufacturer nor is it fair to anyone with any concept or experience with any product that gets unfair justification. The analogy is very correct

Nothing personal, but you don't seem to have a clue about Windows 8. It sucks because of the interface. And Microsoft has stated clearly and unequivocally that they will not be changing the interface between now and official release. Many of the leading industry analysts have already predicted a huge market failure for Windows 8. No one is waiting breathlessly for the release of Windows 8. Conversely, many people are awaiting ICS. Big difference. Your analogy sucks.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Nothing personal, but you don't seem to have a clue about Windows 8. It sucks because of the interface. And Microsoft has stated clearly and unequivocally that they will not be changing the interface between now and official release. Many of the leading industry analysts have already predicted a huge market failure for Windows 8. No one is waiting breathlessly for the release of Windows 8. Conversely, many people are awaiting ICS. Big difference. Your analogy sucks.

I personally like Windows 8 and the interface and have talked to others that share my opinion. I also have read numerous experts that like it and predict great success for it. You're taking your opinion and laying it on top of that analogy, and then saying the analogy sucks, and that simply doesn't work.

huskur

Reaction score

Your analogy is also worthless. ICS could be the "windows 8" of the smartphone world. Lots of "likers" and "dislikers"

Nothing personal here either. You cannot deem someones thoughts/analogy and "no good" when it just formulated opinion. There are lots of people that loathe Windows 8.

It is what it is.

This is a worthless battle between the two parties. It will never end due to beliefs of each other. You can't let emotion drive you when you are discussing what you believe to be truth because you need to pacify yourself for your own well being. I am beyond that point and just let my beliefs be mine alone. I don't concede ever (unless proven wrong) but today I will end my posting on the matter at this point. There is no proof at this time only opinions.

huskur

Reaction score
I personally like Windows 8 and the interface and have talked to others that share my opinion. I also have read numerous experts that like it and predict great success for it. You're taking your opinion and laying it on top of that analogy, and then saying the analogy sucks, and that simply doesn't work.

woops....someone else sees it as I do....

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

links from industry analysts as many as possible since there are a bunch ( credible sources not someones personal blog)