Droid Razr & Razr Maxx Soak Test Begins Tomorrow - No Ice Cream Sandwich in Sight

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez

droid-razr-maxx.jpg

Motorola has just released the full change log for the Droid Razr & Droid Razr MAXX Soak Test / Build 6.12.81 that starts tomorrow morning and unfortunately, it won't be ICS like most had hoped for.

FULL CHANGELOG:

Who Can Use This Release:

ALL DROID RAZR and DROID RAZR MAXX by MOTOROLA users

Build: Version.6.12.181.XT912.Verizon.en.US

Enhancements and Fixes:
  • Battery Life
  • Optimized device performance to extend battery life
  • MotoCast™
  • Added new MotoCast widget to enable easier access to MotoCast files
  • Implemented several fixes to improve MotoCast performance
  • Storage
  • Modified the storage settings screen to clarify total, available, and used storage space
  • WiFi and Network
  • Implemented IPV6 support over cellular connection and WiFi to facilitate updated interaction with the network
  • Corrected 4G coverage indicator to accurately display data connectivity
  • Improved Wi-Fi hotspot connectivity when utilizing WPS security
  • Visual voicemail
  • Improved visual voicemail performance with data disabled and visual voicemail notification delivery
  • Bluetooth®
  • Corrected loud call end and connect tones over Bluetooth®
  • Google Play
  • Fixed Share app functionality to directs users to the app page in Google Play
  • Text Messaging
  • Improved text messaging to ensure timely receiving of texts
  • Browser
  • Added easy access to bookmarks through a press and hold on the back key
  • Security
  • Enhanced device security preventing unauthorized access of telephony database by 3rd parties
  • Updated Vcast app with new security enhancements

Email being sent to MFN Members:

Hi.

Thanks very much for agreeing to this advance test of new software for your DROID RAZR or DROID RAZR MAXX.

The software will begin to be pushed out in the morning; however, it may take several hours for all targeted devices to receive the update.

Please log into the private community here for more information and to provide feedback on the new software update.

If you fail to log in:
You will have to log out and back in to access this area.
Login with your email address in Lowercase
Check your forums profile to see if you have accepted the Forums terms and conditions and the Motorola Feedback Network opt-in and confidentiality agreement.
If you have, and still cannot access the site, please reply back to this email and include your forums user name and the email address you use to log in.
Any other questions or comments NOT having to do with community access should be posted in the private community.
Remember that you will not be able to post on the public communities while this test is underway.

Please respect the confidentiality agreement. Friday or Saturday morning I will send out a survey for your input -- please respond to that as soon as possible.

Thanks again for your help!

Regards,
- Mark

So there you have it guys, no ICS on tomorrows update. However, detail on the ICS update for your Droid Razrs and Razr Maxx's should be coming "SOON" according to Motorola Mobility's tweet in response to tomorrows update:

mototwitter.jpg

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well, that sorta explains why the Bionic wasn't mentioned in terms of getting ICS this week.

Cripton805

Reaction score
"Remember that you will not be able to post on the public communities while this test is underway."

Well aint that just dandy. Now whoever released this can now get sued. ;)

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
I sort of hate to say "I told you so", but i've been mentioning this possibility in several forums over the last couple of days.

The one thing that got my attention was the screenshot of the update prompt taken from the leaked Cheesecake build. It said it was an update from MR2 to MR4.

Right from the beginning, I wondered, "Where is MR3?" - this is probably Maintenence Release 3!

ViperX

Reaction score
Motorola had let me down once again

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Reaction score
So might as well install the leaked version

ViperX

Reaction score
I would if I didn't have to root

djspy

Reaction score
" Added easy access to bookmarks through a press and hold on the back key"

I can already do this on my phone. I don't understand the Google Play one. It just says Google Play.

ViperX

Reaction score
Is it easy to do

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
What is chesse cake?

I've never actually used it on my Bionic, but from my understanding it is a hack/program that allows one access to Motorola's Dev servers, where test builds can be downloaded and installed as OTA updates. In other words, one can use it to force an OTA of unapproved software builds.