Change Log for Droid RAZR/Maxx 6.12.181 Update

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
The bionic and the both of the MAXX's that are on my account hold 4g about the same... hmmm. Results vary though. They all 3 work well though.

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
When would the 18 months start? Would the release of the phone be the beginning or if joe blow waits 9-12 months to buy it at a bargain price would he be entitled to 18 months?
Just throwing that out there, but yes they need to have better support or atleast unblock bootloaders after they quite support.

----posted maxx'ed out----

good point

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
My wifes Bionic picks up and holds 4G way way better than my Maxx. Maybe this update will change that. We will see!!

well isn't that ironic, lol... don't hear that very often :)

arparaspolo

Reaction score
Not with everyone tossing their NDA's away and sharing everything. I think the days of the soak tests are coming to a close. Maybe I'm wrong, but if I had the community signing NDA's only to have them ignore them I'd pull the plug

I wish they'd take some type of legal action against those not holding to their word at keeping
confidentiality.

OP
cereal killer

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
I wish they'd take some type of legal action against those not holding to their word at keeping
confidentiality.
Yeah, unfortunately it's too hard to hunt down who's leaking things. Perhaps they will cut down the amount of people picked or they will do away with it all together. From the looks of it, it appears they chose the latter. We'll see....

OP
cereal killer

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Why? If they did that (and enforced them), people would still find ways around it.
Rule number one when it comes to NDA's...NEVER pick a fight with someone who has much deeper pockets than you :)

arparaspolo

Reaction score
Why? If they did that (and enforced them), people would still find ways around it.
That is a very pessimistic thing to ask....Why? lol. Do you leave your front door open at night? No, you lock it.... Why? People will just find a way around it if they want in. You do it so things aren't easy for those who are up to no good. If there were strict punishments or possible legal action(that have been enforced an won) a lot of people would think before blabbing.

kajeyn

Reaction score
Hello, still a little new to this but.... says software update coming soon. Then tells you how to get it?? And, I have 6.12.173.... but when I check for updates it says I am up to date. Now to me 6.12.181 would be newer than what I have, am I missing something here??

arparaspolo

Reaction score
Hello, still a little new to this but.... says software update coming soon. Then tells you how to get it?? And, I have 6.12.173.... but when I check for updates it says I am up to date. Now to me 6.12.181 would be newer than what I have, am I missing something here??

You aren't missing anything. They put that out before the update is released. Hopefully it means that the update is almost here. HOPEFULLY. Which means we are all one step closer to dancedroid ICS dancedroid

kajeyn

Reaction score
ok... I think I must have misread somewhere along the line. I thought I saw that it was available starting 4-18-12 which is why I thought "coming soon" was weird to begin with. Oh well.... thanks :)

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
ok... I think I must have misread somewhere along the line. I thought I saw that it was available starting 4-18-12 which is why I thought "coming soon" was weird to begin with. Oh well.... thanks :)

I hear a few people may have gotten it. Just keep checking over the next few days. If indeed its being pushed out it comes in waves, not everyone at once.

----posted maxx'ed out----