Motorola Droid RAZR and MAXX To See Update "Soon"

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
razrota.png

Good news for those that own both the Droid RAZR and RAZR MAXX. Big Red will be rolling out an OTA update to both phones "soon." The update, which is version number 6.12.173, and coming in at a hefty 151.8MB, is the same for both devices and has a long list of enhancements. Customers on fringe areas of LTE coverage will be happy to know that one of the improvements is "improved data throughput performance in low signal 4G environments." We're pretty sure after reading this, mobs of RAZR/MAXX owners will pop open Settings/About Phone/System Updates and continue to try and "pull" the update every minute on the minute.

As always let us know here if you received the update. Feel free to check out the full list of enhancements for the Motorola Droid RAZR and RAZR MAXX.

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
I want it now, as long as it doesn't create lag!!!

PS should I factory reset before or after the OTA update?

TayDee

Reaction score
why would you factory reset at all?

And is this coming out today or what?

OP
cereal killer

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
I want it now, as long as it doesn't create lag!!!

PS should I factory reset before or after the OTA update?
after, if need be. If it ain't broke don't try and fix it :)

Scott B

Reaction score
I'm scared of the update. Given the past track record, I think ill wait for others to take the update before I do. I am also curious if the update will patch the current root methods?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Reaction score
I'm looking forward to being able to access all the sites while tethering after this update and the improved 4G connection :)

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
why would you factory reset at all?

And is this coming out today or what?

Because after every OTA update I've ever installed my phone has acted wonky and eventually need a hard reset. I was wondering if a clean machine made got a better install.

Sent my new Droid Razr Maxx

gling

Reaction score
I'm scared of the update. Given the past track record, I think ill wait for others to take the update before I do. I am also curious if the update will patch the current root methods?

This update (leaked) has been out for a while now and most that are on it have only positive things to say about it. Improved data connection, enhanced UI, about the only thing not to like is the added bloat which is easily frozen.
I was also able to keep root through the update using Voodoo Rootkeeper.

bullswife98

Reaction score
(?) Is this the OTA Rootkeeper by Voodoo that's free in the app market the same that people here are talking abt? Cuz its the only one I see in the market or am I missing something here?

Sent from my Razr sliced thin! :)

gling

Reaction score
(?) Is this the OTA Rootkeeper by Voodoo that's free in the app market the same that people here are talking abt? Cuz its the only one I see in the market or am I missing something here?

That's the one.

bullswife98

Reaction score
Wondering who all has received the update? I'm in Sthrn. Illinois and have not received the notification yet.

rjeatkrconley

Reaction score
Hell Paso Texas here..no update as of yet. Pinging the crap out of the server!!!

bullswife98

Reaction score
I have been checking my about phone settings >system update about every hour! Still says "your currently up to date-no updates found" wish there were a time frame on this. Don't want to do the leaked version, prefer it be the official one.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
This update (leaked) has been out for a while now and most that are on it have only positive things to say about it. Improved data connection, enhanced UI, about the only thing not to like is the added bloat which is easily frozen.
I was also able to keep root through the update using Voodoo Rootkeeper.

I have done this well - manual update and retained root with VooDoo...definitely liking the update thus far.