[ROM] [CDMA][ROM][AOSP][4.0.3] Codename Android 1.5.5 [Fully Open Source](03/15/12)

Discussion in 'Galaxy Nexus ROMS' started by codenamedroid, Jan 10, 2012.

1. cprtinc

cprtinc New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah TiBu is a must. And it has a schedule backup feature that you should definitely take advantage of, so it can automatically backup at least once a week. But again don't fully wipe your data until you encounter a problem. I have been with this ROM since early developments and the only time I have ever had to wipe data and restore with TiBu is going to 1.3.0.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

2. Maverick0984

Maverick0984 Member

Ratings:
    +3
    You can also just make sure you take nandroid backups prior to flashing, which is what I do. Titanium Backup has the ability to backup whatever directly from the nandroid. Very useful.

3. jmklei0

jmklei0 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Phone shut down

I've installed CodenameAndroid and think it is great. Last night, though, my phone shut down and wasn't able to recover unless I battery pulled. It's done it once since, as well.

When I restored through Titanium Backup (the second try), I think I didn't restore system data. But, it's a possibility that I did. From my experience, if I did, there would have been more apparent problems already. But, this has been the only problem (phone shutting off). Anybody know of a fix, or an answer of why it would be doing this?

4. Shaneathan

Shaneathan Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Quick question:

Upon flashing this ROM, did I install the 4.0.3 radios? Or whatever new radios came out? If I didn't where would I acquire them and would they still be flashed through ROM Manager?

5. pchakmak

pchakmak Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I just flashed the rom and everything seemed fine. DL'd TB from market and restored apps and data. Ok fine. Recommended a reboot and I did. Now Im stuck in the reboot animation. I did a battery pull and still nothing. Been going on for about 10 minutes. Is this a normal time??

6. syndicate0017

syndicate0017 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +48
    Did you restore system data? If you did, it's not going to boot up. You'll have to wipe data and re-install gapps.

7. pchakmak

pchakmak Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yea I did. I have reinstalled system data before and it was fine. I installed the 1.3.2-GN-CDMA.zip and it said gapps included. So I just flashed that zip. Every other rom i have flashed i have flashed a separate rom zip and gapp zip. Is there a separate zip for gapps?

So how do I reboot into recovery when it is stuck in the animation?

8. syndicate0017

syndicate0017 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +48
    You've been pretty lucky then. Restoring system apps and data is a very easy way to get stuck in bootloop. Just pull the battery and hold VOL +, VOL -, and power and then select recovery using the volume button. If gapps are included, you don't need to flash a separate zip. I'm just so used to saying that now. :p

9. pchakmak

pchakmak Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Cool. In the process now. So Im not supposed to backup system data ever with TB? What exactly is system data? Like Wifi passwords? Bluetooth pairings?

10. JSM9872

JSM9872 Super Moderator
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +287
    Current Phone Model:
    Galaxy Note 3
    It's not that you're not supposed to do it, there are just lots of issues tied to restoring it so it is recommended you do not do it. And stuff like that would fall under it but it includes any settings that are tied to apks located in your system partition (apps you download are in data).

11. chongmagic

chongmagic New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    any one notice unlock and launcher lag with 1.3.2? I had none with 1.3 but 1.3.2 is pretty bad for me.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

12. Shaneathan

Shaneathan Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Bump because it was buried.

Search tags for this page
binary fingerprint on android
cdma working rom for samsung galaxy s gt i9000
codename android download sprint gnex
codenamedroid
nova cdma1.5