Can't get my PC and Motorola Droid to communicate

ERRN1976

Reaction score
I got the Motorola Droid dancedroid and have not been able to get it to communicate with my computer. I went to the following website: www.motorola.com and downloaded this driver Motorola 4.6.5 Driver with MotoConnect* (for 64-bit versions of Windows®), but I still can't get it to work. I get the notification that its plugged in and I hit the "Mount" command, but it wont stay connected. I would like to download some things off my phone and onto computer, but it just wont do it. I am very frustrated. :icon_evil: I also have never posted on here and dont know how to get my responses so could you please email me.

Thanks for any help you can give.

P.S. Strange thing is...I took it to friends house and used her IPod cable hookup and I could get it to work on her computer.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I got the Motorola Droid dancedroid and have not been able to get it to communicate with my computer. I went to the following website: www.motorola.com and downloaded this driver Motorola 4.6.5 Driver with MotoConnect* (for 64-bit versions of Windows®), but I still can't get it to work. I get the notification that its plugged in and I hit the "Mount" command, but it wont stay connected. I would like to download some things off my phone and onto computer, but it just wont do it. I am very frustrated. :icon_evil: I also have never posted on here and dont know how to get my responses so could you please email me.

Thanks for any help you can give.

P.S. Strange thing is...I took it to friends house and used her IPod cable hookup and I could get it to work on her computer.

My first thought was do you have a 64 bit OS? If not then you have the wrong drivers installed. The fact that it works on your friends computer kind of indicates that there is something wrong with the set up on your PC.

What kind of OS are you running on your PC?

OP
E

ERRN1976

Reaction score
Hey Hook
Thanks for getting back so quickly. I know I have 64-bit but I don't know if I have OS. How do I find out?

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
All I can tell you is that when I bought my phone, I just plugged it into the USB cord, plugged it into the computer and Windows did the rest. Works fine. I am running Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit. I think the Motorola drivers are hosing you. get those off and start over.

Edit: I just tried for experimentation to "Update Drivers" and choose a location. I was trying to install those Motorola drivers to see what would happen. Windows won't let me. Says mine are more upto date.