1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Droid 4 by Motorla - USB connection not working

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by Ragemaster9999, May 30, 2012.

1. Ragemaster9999

Ragemaster9999 New Member

Hello, I have a Droid 4 by Motorla (verizon) and I having major issues getting the phone to connect to my computer by USB cable. I am running Windows 7 64 bit, on both my laptop and my desktop, and I keep getting the following error messages when connecting the phone to either of my computers... one of the usb devices attached to this computer have malfuctioned or stopped working, windows was unable to recognize this device. I have tried multiple usb ports on different computers, tried different usb cables, and still have the problem every time. I even downloaded the USB driverr management tool from Motorola and it still does not work.

Any suggestions, im about ready to take the phone back to Verizon and complain because I don't know what else the problem could be, other than the phone itself?

edit: forgot to add, even though it cant recognize my phone, the device still charges when connected to the computer.
    Last edited: May 30, 2012
  2. Melatonin

Melatonin New Member

Same exact problem. Droid 4, Win 7, 64. Charges but does not recognize the connected usb device. Please advise.
Search tags for this page
cant get driod 4 usb computer to work
droid 4 dropping usb connection

droid 4 not connecting to computer

droid 4 not recognized usb device on computer

droid 4 usb connection

droid 4 usb connection not working

droid 4 usb connection problems
droid 4 usb not connecting
droid 4 usb not working
how to find the usb connection for droid 4
motorola droid 4 not recognising usb connection