USB Connection to Laptop gets Power; nothing else. Fix?

xxexplosivoxx

Reaction score
So I've had my Droid Incredible 2 for about 7 months. Absolutely love it. Worked fine when I got it, but after about 3 months, I was no longer able to connect it to my laptop via USB cable. It charges fine, but the droid doesn't recognize that it's plugged into a PC (it just happily charges) and the PC just says USB device not recognized. I have tried just about everything to fix this over the past 4 months. Phone is not rooted, nor have I ever tried to root it. When I brought it to Verizon, they said it was a software issue and to do a hard reset, which I want to leave as a last resort. I also don't think it will help, as this seems to be a hardware issue. Very rarely, I have gotten a ping of recognition between droid and PC, but it doesn't last. I've tried two different USB cable across at least 5 PCs running different versions of Windows.

In the first few months, I had been using both the included USB cable Verizon provided, as well as the micro USB cable for my digital camera. My questions to whoever is knowledgeable... 1. would using a different USB cable damage the Droid's USB port somehow? Are all micro USB cables not created equal? 2. Why would I still be able to get a power connection via the USB, but not a data connection? Is that even possible? and 3. has anyone had a similar problem and resolved it? I have scoured countless pages of Google results trying to find someone with the exact same problem, and a solution, with no such luck. I've already done all the common sense-y things to do, rebooting the phone, rebooting the computers, turning on and off debugging, updating drivers, etc...

ANY Help appreciated!

devin

Reaction score
Same problem...im actually really pissed about it. I'm heading over to verizon tomorrow morning to see whats up with it. I've basically been doing the same thing. i have a microUSB that is WAY longer than the HTC one, so i use that one to charge my Dinc2 when im laying in bed or on the couch etc. To be perfectly honest, id rather be able to fix it than have to get another one, set it back to 2.2 to root, regain S-OFF and all that crap. I just want it fixed....