Can't access droid files from PC with 2.3 rom

mattfab22

Reaction score
i have omgb-4, the 2.3 rom, which i downloaded yesterday, and i just wanted to access my files and put some songs into the droid, so i plug it in with the usb, and theres no notification that shows the options if i want to use it to charge only or use as a disk drive. it doesnt appear on the computer, but when i looked at devices manager, this is what it showed, screenshot.jpg picture by mattfab22 - Photobucket and it wouldnt let me view any of the files, and theres no option that i can find on the droid that lets me make it a disk drive, please help.

G

Grimster

Stop using third party ROMs.

All third part ROMs are created by amateurs who are not real developers. Stock 2.2 ROM is by far the most stable and hassle free ROM for the Inc. as it is created by people who do this for a living. If you dont want issues just revert back to stock 2.2

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You might want check out this thread over at xda. Apparently the version you loaded is not very current as there's a v6 available now. Incredible Gingerbread[Android 2.3]{OMGB v6 12-26 @ 12:06 AM CST}[GPS] - xda-developers

I totally do not agree with the second post on this thread. While it is true that the custom roms often have more bugs and some can be less stable than the stock roms, in general the custom roms are where you will find great features and unique customizations. The custom roms have been ahead of the stock roms, in terms of performance and features, for almost a year now. My Droid has been rooted for a year now and I've be able to run all the latest Google updates months before they were pushed to the phones by Verizon.

I will say, that if you are going to run custom roms, please make a good nandroid backup before doing so.

Good luck.

G

Grimster

This topic is about the Incredible not the Motorola Droid. Anything posted here about ROMs for the Motorola Droid is irrelevant. That said, ALL third party ROMs for the incredible are inferior to the stock ROM in terms of reliability and stability. This is cold hard FACT. The best thing you can do is root, put the stock ROM back on, and remove bloatware. This will give you SUPERIOR stability than any third party ROM and equal performance.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
This topic is about the Incredible not the Motorola Droid. Anything posted here about ROMs for the Motorola Droid is irrelevant. That said, ALL third party ROMs for the incredible are inferior to the stock ROM in terms of reliability and stability. This is cold hard FACT. The best thing you can do is root, put the stock ROM back on, and remove bloatware. This will give you SUPERIOR stability than any third party ROM and equal performance.

Once again you are making claims without posting any data. Please post information that proves 1) "ALL third party ROMs for the incredible are inferior to the stock ROM in terms of reliability and stability. This is cold hard FACT" and 2) This will give you SUPERIOR stability than any third party ROM and equal performance. DATA please!!

G

Grimster

Once again you are making claims without posting any data. Please post information that proves 1) "ALL third party ROMs for the incredible are inferior to the stock ROM in terms of reliability and stability. This is cold hard FACT" and 2) This will give you SUPERIOR stability than any third party ROM and equal performance. DATA please!!
One needs to only look at the endless threads of issues with third party roms over at androidforums. I have read them, you have obviously not.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
One needs to only look at the endless threads of issues with third party roms over at androidforums. I have read them, you have obviously not.

I read them daily. Lots and lots of installation/operator errors. Some roms are not stable and are full of bugs, but you can not "paint them all with the same brush". The vast majority of roms, across many different hardware platforms, are not only as stable as stock, but faster, smoother and have more advanced features.

But this discussion is totally irrelevant, as the type of person that is interested in installing custom roms is the type of person willing to take some risks and put up with having to replace a troublesome rom/kernel/theme. In fact we love tinkering with our phones so much, that having to replace a rom/kernel/theme is just another opportunity to "play" with our phones. Most of the people on this forum are reading the same posts that you and I are reading and are willing to take the risk and endure a little inconvenience now and then. By writing off all custom roms as "not worth it," you are really missing the fun and excitement of pushing these phones to their limit.

It's fine that you don't want to push the envelope with your phone. You are, in fact, in the group that is the vast majority of phone users. Absolutely nothing wrong with that. But it is equally OK to push the limits and install custom roms, kernels, themes, and other hacks.

Good luck with your phone and I hope you enjoy it. :)

enlightened

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Grimster, the antagonism is not appreciated. I've asked you before to cut back on the acerbic nature of your posts and I'm warning you one last time.

G

Grimster

Grimster, the antagonism is not appreciated. I've asked you before to cut back on the acerbic nature of your posts and I'm warning you one last time.
Your false sense of antagonism is not acknowledged by anyone in this thread. We are having a rational discussion here and for some reason you are trying to interrupt us. Is it that in the past I have disproven something you were passionate about and now you are bitter towards me? I nor anyone else in this thread know what it is. Please refrain from abusive remarks and threats as they are not appreciated by me or anyone in this thread. Thank you.

G

Grimster

I read them daily. Lots and lots of installation/operator errors. Some roms are not stable and are full of bugs, but you can not "paint them all with the same brush". The vast majority of roms, across many different hardware platforms, are not only as stable as stock, but faster, smoother and have more advanced features.

But this discussion is totally irrelevant, as the type of person that is interested in installing custom roms is the type of person willing to take some risks and put up with having to replace a troublesome rom/kernel/theme. In fact we love tinkering with our phones so much, that having to replace a rom/kernel/theme is just another opportunity to "play" with our phones. Most of the people on this forum are reading the same posts that you and I are reading and are willing to take the risk and endure a little inconvenience now and then. By writing off all custom roms as "not worth it," you are really missing the fun and excitement of pushing these phones to their limit.

It's fine that you don't want to push the envelope with your phone. You are, in fact, in the group that is the vast majority of phone users. Absolutely nothing wrong with that. But it is equally OK to push the limits and install custom roms, kernels, themes, and other hacks.

There is nothing useful a third party ROM can do that I cant do with my stock Inc ROM. Nothing at all.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Your false sense of antagonism is not acknowledged by anyone in this thread. We are having a rational discussion here and for some reason you are trying to interrupt us. Is it that in the past I have disproven something you were passionate about and now you are bitter towards me? I nor anyone else in this thread know what it is. Please refrain from abusive remarks and threats as they are not appreciated by me or anyone in this thread. Thank you.

Dude!! Your response to being ask to tone down the "antagonism" is to respond with one the most antagonist posts I've ever seen on this board?? Really?? This is sort of like responding to a charge of racism with a racial slur!!

I know you didn't ask for my advice, but you really should think about taking it down a notch or two. This is perhaps a much more friendly place than you are accustomed to. We have disagreements and pointed discussions routinely without all the "attitude". Lighten up. :)

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

There is nothing useful a third party ROM can do that I cant do with my stock Inc ROM. Nothing at all.

Oops, there you go, changing the argument. This is the first time "useful" has be thrown in. If you can change the terms of the discussion, then at least I get to define "useful". My definition of useful is "anything that amuses me"!! Therefore, I win!! :icon_ banana:

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com

Grimster, I've read your posts as well. Your attitude towards others on here and your sense of self import are not necessary. Do not continue this trend.

G

Grimster

Dude!! Your response to being ask to tone down the "antagonism" is to respond with one the most antagonist posts I've ever seen on this board?? Really?? This is sort of like responding to a charge of racism with a racial slur!!

I know you didn't ask for my advice, but you really should think about taking it down a notch or two. This is perhaps a much more friendly place than you are accustomed to. We have disagreements and pointed discussions routinely without all the "attitude". Lighten up. :)
This is the second time he has jumped into a thread and attacked me for no reason while members and I were having a discussion.