Connect to a PC

Wildboys

Reaction score
Hello,
I have a bunch of photos and videos on my phone, that due to a recent tragedy, have become very important to me and my family. I want to transfer them onto my pc, and burn them onto a dvd, so that i have copies always.
When i tried to connect it, the pc prompted me to DL v cast. It recognizes that there's an Incredible attached, but wont let me view anything on it.
When i clcik on the Incredible button on the left, it says no SD card mounted. there's an SD card in the phone, but the stuff i want is really on the internal.
I've notived i get a USB debugging pop up, with 4 options. it is currently on Charge phone. Do i have to change this to Disk Drive - Mount as Disk drive? My ultimate fear is that this will somehow format or wipe what is currently on the internal and the additional SD card. From all my research, i've seen that you are supposed to do this when the phone is new. If I lost these photos by pushing that button, i'd be devastated.
I would call customer support, but last time they told me to push something, it deleted ALL my text messages and attachments, which I was livid about.
Any advice or recommendations would be amazing!
Thanks as always!

Vols1

Reaction score
Here is what I did. I went to settings > connect to pc and changed the connection default to "disk drive". I then connected the usb cord to my pc then my phone. On my pc, the Droid shows up as two removable drives. The internal is first. The SD card is second on mine. When you connect your pc will automatically send you to verizonwireless.com and prompt you to dl v-cast. I just close that out.

DISCLAIMER - I lost nothing on my phone or SD card. I am not going to claim that you will not. However, unless you format your SD card, I think you will be fine.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App