Can the Verizon Store Tech test a battery?

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
Love my Maxx, screen protector went on great. OtterBox case is on. Really don't want to replace IF I can find out the deal with my battery. I read what folks are getting on here and truthfully, I'm not even close.
Screen is on Auto, Task Manager has everything that can be on auto-kill. I'm in 3G land, NO vids, No WiFi, NO GPS.
If the phone just sits I end the day at 50%. I am reading people on here using ALL day doing everything imagineable and they are at 70% by days end.
Something just ain't right.

So, can the store test it? Foxkat says 90% of battery returns the battery is fine, what gives?

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Try going into settings, wireless and networks, mobile networks, network mode, select CDMA. this shuts down the lte radio. If you've already done that try this:

Smart actions, view samples, battery extender. Now long press these things and select delete: motion detector, GPS.
This will kill background data sync when the screen times out.

It will make this phone really come to life, by keeping it from working when it should be sleeping.

Your emails and picture texts will come through when you wake the phone.

Hope this helps?

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

OP
CaptainSS

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
Thank you 94lt1, I did as you directed along with the stuff I already had. Question, the stuff I just did.....
did I give anything up? I know I mentioned I am primarily 3G but do visit 4G areas.
How about the other stuff I deleted or turned off?
Thanks again.

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
If you're streaming or downloading/uploading a large file use 4g if not 3g will do the job for most everything else and will save your battery. If that doesn't work for you then just leave 4g on in the 4g areas but remember to turn it off when you no longer need it. Every once in a while I find myself in a 4g area but I always leave my phone in 3g because I'm not doing anything where I need the speed. If I do then I turn it on, but only until I need it. And yes I have an extended battery but why waste the power when I don't need to?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
So, can the store test it? Foxkat says 90% of battery returns the battery is fine, what gives?

Unfortunately, it's highly unlikely that Verizon would spend the money for a battery analyzer for each store. Also, that's assuming the techs could even open the phones properly without damaging some internals.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2 with Google voice to text translation. Please excuse any minor spelling, punctuation, capitalization or grammatical errors.