Verizon Extended Battery

shilo1465

Reaction score
I have the 2750mah battery from Verizon and can tell anyone that reads this it is absolutely worth the dough for it. I went from my stock battery having everything shut off to make it through the day to this awesome battery where I can run whatever I want keep the screen at it's brightest, GPS on all the time, WiFi on all the time, doing whatever I want with my phone the way it's suppose to be. At the end of the day I still have 60% left and that's after a 15 hour day with hard use. The extra size the battery adds on is noticable but eventually you don't even think about it. I recommend anyone that wants to use their phone the way it was meant to be used that they should purchase the extended battery. Good luck to all

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
lol i hope doubling the capacity would make it last a day

OP
S

shilo1465

Reaction score
It's nice to only have to charge your phone once every two to three days no doubt about it.

alboboy10

Reaction score
The weirdest thing about this battery is the way it works.

With the stock battery on 4G all day and everything being used conservatively even rooted I had a hard time doing 15 hours. Using the phone moderately my phone would last anywhere from 8-12 hours. With this big extended battery I can use it moderate-heavily and get over 35 hours of it. I've gotten over 40 hours with pretty normal use and brightness set on auto, plenty of widgets, live wallpapaper, 4G only.

So a battery that's just short of double the battery, makes this phone last about 3 times longer than the little battery. How?

Chickoid

Reaction score
I agree with the first post about the extended battery bring worth the money 100% it does make he phone a bit bulky but worth it to be able to pick up your phone and use it without having to worry about having your charger near by. I bought the extended battery from Verizon about 2 days after buying the phone and couldn't be happier

And the Thunder rolled

BigMcGuire

Reaction score
I just got the extended battery. Form factor is a huge one for me but I want a battery that can last. So it's sitting on the charger right now and I'm looking forward to not having to worry about charging my phone several times a day.

With the extended battery I find that holding it up to my face is easier (using my pinky to catch the bevel in the back). Though the phone is going to take some getting used to.

I am not sure if I can do this. That's a HUGE ass lump right in the middle. I know I would only travel a few times a year to really need the thing. But I also would like to have a battery that would last more than half a day with heavy use.

Kenasam

Reaction score
The battery sounds great and I viewed some photos of it on the internet. I just bought the Thunderbolt and also a nifty cover that fits on the back. I can see that there's no way for the cover to go on if I were to get an extended battery. I wonder if they make a decorative cover for that circumstance--it's doubtful.

slinky

Reaction score
The extended battery is great. It's criminal that HTC could be allowed to release a phone like this and for Verizon Wireless to approve it as if 4G could be used regularly on this phone. It's not like they didn't know there would be power issues and making the battery smaller than prior phones seems like an intentional way to create artificial demand for the extended battery and additional revenues.