Can the 2.01 be declined ?

Mongoose

Reaction score
..or can the initial OS release be reinstalled. If the truth be known my Droid is working just fine and I am of the mindset "why fix it if it aint broke" mentality. I hardly use the camera and a lot of the other stuff is just mumbo jumbo to me. I imagine this 2.01 is going to be shoved up my a++ whether I like it or not....but I was just wondering if any of you might have an answer ? :icon_ devil:

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
..or can the initial OS release be reinstalled. If the truth be known my Droid is working just fine and I am of the mindset "why fix it if it aint broke" mentality. I hardly use the camera and a lot of the other stuff is just mumbo jumbo to me. I imagine this 2.01 is going to be shoved up my a++ whether I like it or not....but I was just wondering if any of you might have an answer ? :icon_ devil:

excuse me if it seems rude but why wouldn't you want to update to the newest firmware? especially since this is a first generation device with known glitches/bugs and the updates address them. Your phone will run smoother once you update. You won't regret it!

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
if you can handle the constant reminders don't install it. I think at one point you would have to.

It would make for a good experiment.

EntropikOne

Reaction score
well martin, the reason he doesnt want to upgrade is because he feels he doesnt need to, which is a perfectly acceptable reason. another reason most will not want to update is because we are still holding out for a real root where we can install our own roms. if we update then we may be patching a hole in the previous version which the root uses. so if we update then we will only have to wait longer for a root

segen77

Reaction score
CK. between the bug and your avatar, my eyes just keep bouncing back and forth. lol driving me nuts every time i see one of your posts.

keep up the good work. :icon_ devil:

kbrede

Reaction score
The graphical interface on the phone runs faster and smoother, plus increased battery life after the upgrade. IMHO that alone is worth the upgrade, whether or not you use the camera.
Kent

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
well martin, the reason he doesnt want to upgrade is because he feels he doesnt need to, which is a perfectly acceptable reason. another reason most will not want to update is because we are still holding out for a real root where we can install our own roms. if we update then we may be patching a hole in the previous version which the root uses. so if we update then we will only have to wait longer for a root

perfect! a logical answer.... i was just wondering, but this makes sense.

keiichi25

Reaction score
The latest Firmware should have started releasing in batches to users as of this morning, 12:00 AM. 200k users would have been pushed the firmware. The next 200k users will get it tonight around 12:00 AM. Whether or not it is PST or EST was not stated, but the roll out for general population should have started in increments as of last night.

Those of you who are impatient and want to do it manually, can reference:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-news/7522-manually-update-2-0-1-a.html

OP
Mongoose

Mongoose

Reaction score
Whew...OK guys..aside from my phone working very well just the way it is...and my avatar and li'l devil driving Segen77 nuts...
1. It is very very fast just the way it is and my screen transitions are as close to instantaneous as one can get
2. The browser is lightning fast (compared to my Storm) and smooth as silk and the rendered pages scroll smoothly and exactly the way I want.
3. I LIKE the on/off crescent and clock just the way they are
4. My camera actually takes really good pictures and all I did was follow directions and clean the lens.
5. My battery lasts two days (well actually 1 3/4) with my usage levels but I do use the Power Widget.

I have been watching the comments on the release of v 2.01 and frankly...I'm not real impressed. I wish that the guys with positive comments would elaborate as much as the vast plethora of those with negative comments. It sort of skews my perspective. The ones that concern me the most are the comments that say that the browser has become jerky and unresponsive and Google Voice has gotten messed up. I USE those things. I also saw a couple where the keyboard is acting funky. Now...all those things work perfectly on my phone exactly the way it is. So why would I want to change that...someone tell me again...!!! Ohhh...to make it work better...Hmmmm...I dunno guys....LOL.. :icon_ devil:

OP
Mongoose

Mongoose

Reaction score
Ooops ... sorry, it was Cereal Killer's Avatar and bug driving Segen77 nuts...wow...what a load off my mind. :icon_ devil:

mjs31

Reaction score
I can see not wanting to upgrade, but I have to say that everything is just so much smoother with this release. Battery, I have not paid attention to yet, but I am just impressed with the non jittery things like the drop down and even the regular app menu.

OP
Mongoose

Mongoose

Reaction score
Well...I guess I'll see...whether I want to or not. I like the phone so I hope this upgrade doesn't frustrate me so much that I'll want to give it back. With any luck it wont impact the areas that I use the most in any negative way...although some are saying that it does. Guess I'll know in awhile. I'm not upgraded yet...maybe they'll forget me..not likely !! :icon_ devil:

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well...I guess I'll see...whether I want to or not. I like the phone so I hope this upgrade doesn't frustrate me so much that I'll want to give it back. With any luck it wont impact the areas that I use the most in any negative way...although some are saying that it does. Guess I'll know in awhile. I'm not upgraded yet...maybe they'll forget me..not likely !! :icon_ devil:

Wow, dude it's an upgrade not a downgrade. The glass is half full, not half empty.

If Microsoft sends you an update and tells you it's important do you just ignore that too?