Can someone show me a faster phone

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have been watching youtube comparisons all day and the D3 wins them all. Faster....more features.....Can someone post one where it loses?

So far

D3>Iphone 4
D3>Thunderbolt
D3>My Touch 4g
D3>Dinc2
D3>DX
D3>DX2

keep in mind this is based off of the Youtube shoot out's or "dog fights". We all know that any 4g phone is going to browse on mobile network faster than 3g which is why all these video's do their comparisons on Wi Fi. I actually made this post in another thread but thought it was worth it's own.

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score
Yep, its fast. The GS2 might be faster, but thats just because its clocked higher.
The Droid 3 processor is faster than it, but only if it was at 1.2gHZ.

OP
N

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
oh no doubt that phones not yet released I am sure will be faster.....but I just can't get over how many phones it is defeating right now.

nikecar

Reaction score
it be nice to see the actual links. i've yet to find the D3 vs DInc2

OP
N

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
I can't get to youtube from work now :(

maybe someone can post some links for me

I realized that the video was Charge vs Dinc2....not D3...

blazednova

Reaction score
but do you have 20megs downloads and 6megs upload speeds? and now for the finisher:), do you have 4 fully functional ports of sense 3.0 ??

darkmatter

Reaction score
but do you have 20megs downloads and 6megs upload speeds? and now for the finisher:), do you have 4 fully functional ports of sense 3.0 ??

The "blur" on the D3 is nice (what is it called now? Motorola User Interface, or something?). Its nearly stock android. I just can't get over having only 4 dock icons. I need 5, with the app drawer in the middle (there is no middle with 4 icons) If I could change that one thing, I'd be using the stock launcher with the D3.

AKD3270

Reaction score
I am just converting from a BB (less than a week) and heard the D3 is a rocket - one of the reasons I bought it. I have never had an Android phone before.

Well ... it takes 3 - 4 seconds to get back to the home screen after quitting an app. The camera app takes a full 7 seconds to be ready to take a picture. No other apps are running (taking processor cycles) that I am aware of.

I really want to optimize my D3 experience, so if there is something I should be doing that I am not, I would greatly appreciate hearing about it.

Thanx.

aramos87

Reaction score

Ive personally never been a fan of Sense, but Blur isnt the greatest UI. However the Version on the D3 is a great improvement from past ones, But I think this goes down to preference. Once D3 gets root ( hopefully soon ) Im sure its true potential will be reached and we would be having a totally different discussion... just saying..