Dinc2 Vs DX2

micjmac

Reaction score
Has anyone used both of these phones that can give a real life experience comparison. I've had my eyes set on the DX2, but have been taken back by all of the complaints in that forum, and the lack of complaints in the Dinc2 forum. From what I've gathered, the DX2 is faster (when it works, and that's a big if). Apparently the LCD screen on the Dinc2 is beautiful and the battery life is solid. I've seen mixed reviews concerning the screen quality on the DX2, and I am clueless as to its battery life. I saw some sample camera shots from the Dinc2 and those were beautiful as well. I cannot comment on the DX2 camera quality. On Engadget, the reviewer said that the 720p recording isn't the best on the Dinc2, but that isn't such a huge deal for me. I am assuming the X2 has good recording quality because from what I remember, the DX was solid in this area (this is a bit of a guess).

What has scared me the most with the X2 are the issues with the music playback (popping sounds) and the phone's lag. What attracted me to the X2 is it's processing speed obviously, but like I said above, it seems like a risk.

Is there anything I missed? Anything else the Dinc2 does better or worse than the X2? I'll probably go to Costco today to check them out.

Last edited:

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I know it's difficult to do as I have fallen for this myself, but really you need to ignore the complaints.

Take the TB for example. I know better and I let all the negative comments shape my opinion about the phone. Thunderbolt is a great phone.

So don't let peoples comments shape your opinion. Remember you will hear 10 complaints before you hear a praise. That's just the way it is.

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
The inc2 has yet to be permanently rooted. So yeah I would say its pretty locked down, if anything moreso than the x2.

Last edited:

kingsway8605

Reaction score
Has anyone used both of these phones that can give a real life experience comparison. I've had my eyes set on the DX2, but have been taken back by all of the complaints in that forum, and the lack of complaints in the Dinc2 forum. From what I've gathered, the DX2 is faster (when it works, and that's a big if). Apparently the LCD screen on the Dinc2 is beautiful and the battery life is solid. I've seen mixed reviews concerning the screen quality on the DX2, and I am clueless as to its battery life. I saw some sample camera shots from the Dinc2 and those were beautiful as well. I cannot comment on the DX2 camera quality. On Engadget, the reviewer said that the 720p recording isn't the best on the Dinc2, but that isn't such a huge deal for me. I am assuming the X2 has good recording quality because from what I remember, the DX was solid in this area (this is a bit of a guess).

What has scared me the most with the X2 are the issues with the music playback (popping sounds) and the phone's lag. What attracted me to the X2 is it's processing speed obviously, but like I said above, it seems like a risk.

Is there anything I missed? Anything else the Dinc2 does better or worse than the X2? I'll probably go to Costco today to check them out.

I have owned both. The x2 was slower than my droid 1. It literally couldn't handle web browsing and music at the same time. The incredible 2, which I returned it for, is an extremely fast phone. The extra ram helps the phone multitask like a beast. But the incredible 2 is the most locked phone ever.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

dj_wires

Reaction score
Dinc2!!

Ok, since i had an X2 then got it stolen, got a fascinate, bricked it, and now i have a DINC2 i would have to say i prefer the DINC2 over the X2 for one main reason. Sound...I had a lot of problems with the popping of sound when i had headphones in on the X2, and you couldn't have it very loud before everything was maxxed. I tried a bunch of ways to improve that...and nothing. I am only using standard sound with the DINC2 as i dont have a rom yet with Voodoo and it still sounds great, and i dont need it full to have it loud.
Currently you can Temp root your DINC2 to access most rooted apps, but they have yet to have permanent root option that i have found...although as of today, they are one step closer with having a permanent S-Off acheived today.
I also love the camera on both, but i like the screen a bit better on the DINC2.
ultimatly i think it comes down to what you really want...For me it was sound first camera second. Everything else is pretty close.

lbarllcodel

Reaction score
Go Dinc2

I can promise you without a doubt if you use ANY of the following programs regularly you will prefer to go to the Dinc2.
Dialer screen randomly locks up during calls.
Pandora (Rarely works correctly)
Slacker ( Will lock phone randomly and not play)
Go, Pro and 7 launcher(different launchers don't mix well with QHD
Google Search (Closes randomly while typing - annoying)
Sound issues (popping crackling etc..)
Any Rom (Boot loader locked no leak yet)
I will say the Supercharged V6 script does help a little bit with speed but not enough to matter. I do like the larger screen and I believe with a few more updates the Tegra 2 chip (which right now hurts the stability) inside would be a great asset.
The X2 also has a MASSIVE memory leak somewhere and no one has yet to figure out why. Android needs as much mem as possible and when the phone leaks it to nowhere its not good at all!

With the Dinc2
Disadvantages vs. DX2 would be the loss of .3" of screen and hard buttons (if those things really matter) also the loss of the duo core which in my opinion is a actually a reason to not get the x2 until the 2.3 update. The biggest loss in my opinion would be a large amount of internal storage. 16mgs on X2 vs. 1.1mg on Dinc2 but you still can put in up to 32gig sd cards. Also loss of the HDMI hookup but who really uses that?

Advantages of the Dinc2 vs. X2
Front facing Cam (not a real big deal imo)
Capacitive buttons (more a preference than benefit)
50% Memory increase 768 vs. 512 (this is where most speed issues on Android start, with a larger bank and it is just as fast, which will help more than duo core - at this point in the OS anyhow).
Speed, the snapdragon processor seamlessly runs under 2.2+
Not many (if any) known apps have problems running on this model.
The screen really is brighter even with less res.??? Why? I don't know.
Roms!!! HTC make phones have the best Roms avail! MIUI is amazing and thats just 1 of many!
So the phone is unlocked!.
Global Capability.

If you get the X2 I promise you will agree with me on most all of the issues until 2.3 comes out. I used it for over a month and finally got so fed up I traded the phone in and got the Dinc2 now I am very happy with no issues. I loved my X and was excited to get the x2 but wow was I wrong!! Lost a couple hundred worth in accessories too. Just wasnt worth losing my Fav apps and stability of the phone.

Last edited:

theacousticprophet

Reaction score
I spent days trying to decide whether to buy the DInc2 or the X2. I researched the hell out of each phone and started a similar type of thread on another android forum (General Switched from X2? - Android Forums).

Here's what made me choose the DInc2 over the X2:

• Lack of problems (sound popping, random rebooting, etc..)
  • Better screen. Yes the DInc2's screen is both smaller and lower res... but, hold both devices in your hands and stream the same 720p youtube video on both. The PenTile screen really turned me off. Pixelation when watching videos, very poor viewing angle (start to turn the phone any direction other than dean-on straight and the colors -especially the red/violet end of the spectrum- fade very quickly), very obvious color banding on any type of gradient, etc...
  • Sense>Motoblur IMHO (that's definitely subjective, and you could always run a different UI)
  • I think that, in general, HTC is a better manufacturer of smart phones than Motorolla
  • I know people with the DInc1 who still absolutely love it, while the 2 people I knew with the X1 returned it and went to a different phone.
The DInc2 is an incredibly snappy and smooth phone. It performs very well. Battery life is pretty dang good to (I'm 25 hours off the charger with over 2 hours of calls, 3 email accounts auto-checking every 30 min, moderate web browsing and minimal gaming, and have 28% still remaining). I do miss the possibility of dual core and HDMI... but after playing with my new device for a few days I have zero regret or buyers remorse.

...not to mention GB is already out for it, if that means anything to you.

mike770

Reaction score
I can promise you without a doubt if you use ANY of the following programs regularly you will prefer to go to the Dinc2.
Dialer screen randomly locks up during calls.
Pandora (Rarely works correctly)
Slacker ( Will lock phone randomly and not play)
Go, Pro and 7 launcher(different launchers don't mix well with QHD
Google Search (Closes randomly while typing - annoying)
Sound issues (popping crackling etc..)
Any Rom (Boot loader locked no leak yet)
I will say the Supercharged V6 script does help a little bit with speed but not enough to matter. I do like the larger screen and I believe with a few more updates the Tegra 2 chip (which right now hurts the stability) inside would be a great asset.
The X2 also has a MASSIVE memory leak somewhere and no one has yet to figure out why. Android needs as much mem as possible and when the phone leaks it to nowhere its not good at all!

With the Dinc2
Disadvantages vs. DX2 would be the loss of .3" of screen and hard buttons (if those things really matter) also the loss of the duo core which in my opinion is a actually a reason to not get the x2 until the 2.3 update. The biggest loss in my opinion would be a large amount of internal storage. 16mgs on X2 vs. 1.1mg on Dinc2 but you still can put in up to 32gig sd cards. Also loss of the HDMI hookup but who really uses that?

Advantages of the Dinc2 vs. X2
Front facing Cam (not a real big deal imo)
Capacitive buttons (more a preference than benefit)
50% Memory increase 768 vs. 512 (this is where most speed issues on Android start, with a larger bank and it is just as fast, which will help more than duo core - at this point in the OS anyhow).
Speed, the snapdragon processor seamlessly runs under 2.2+
Not many (if any) known apps have problems running on this model.
The screen really is brighter even with less res.??? Why? I don't know.
Roms!!! HTC make phones have the best Roms avail! MIUI is amazing and thats just 1 of many!
So the phone is unlocked!.
Global Capability.

If you get the X2 I promise you will agree with me on most all of the issues until 2.3 comes out. I used it for over a month and finally got so fed up I traded the phone in and got the Dinc2 now I am very happy with no issues. I loved my X and was excited to get the x2 but wow was I wrong!! Lost a couple hundred worth in accessories too. Just wasnt worth losing my Fav apps and stability of the phone.

You nailed it completely!

I lost my DX1, which I loved, and was given the DX2 as an insurance replacement. At first I was totally excited when I was told I would be getting a DX2. Boy was that excitement short lived. I use my phone as a music player and as stated above the music player is completely jacked up.
I have since sold my DX2 and purchased the Inc2. The Inc2 works great. It is real quick. No issues with the music player. I just love it.

I am coming from a Droid 1 then to Droid X so I was a Motorola fan. This is no longer the case. HTC really did a good job with the Inc2. The Sense UI is much better then Motoblur. Nothing beats the vanilla android experience but I am digging Sense.

So the Inc2 at this point in time is much better that the DX2.

Last edited:

kparks

Reaction score
This conversation is pretty 1 sided so far I also prefer HTC a couple of my buddies have the dinc2 and absolutely love it and my Tbolt is awesome.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums