Possibly Moving from Droid X2 to Inc 2 Need info

xmguy

Reaction score
Ok. I've gone through TOTAL HELL with the Droid X2 ( name it, it's happened). That Asurian is offing to move me from the X2 to the Inc 2. I need to get some info.

1. Rooting. I know 100% it's do able. Is GB also rooted and available?

2. SBFing or restoring to total factory condition via PC Flash software. I want a simple (if possible) method to revert to 2.2 or 2.3 like it came from VZW. So any rooting, .bak'ed bloatware, etc is restored like it was when it arrived.

3. I had HELL with pocket dialing and answering when I had the Eris a few years back. I know roms can fix that. Is there a way to get around that without roms? (Going from the slide down to answer / unlock to slide over like typical android.)

4. FM Radio. This may sound nuts. But I need a good FM radio. Matter of fact FM radio is a MUST on a phone for me! I use Tune-In but a FM Radio WITH RDS (artist / song) is required.

5. Display. Is the display quality as good or better than the X or X2. Both of which I've had? Does the .3 " make any difference?

6. Is the Inc 2 as durable as the x2? If I hit the side or back will it damage easier than the X would?

7. Can the 1.3 Front facing camera be used for 640x480 video recording? I record covers on YouTube. Using the front camera would be simpler than the rear. I don't need HD 720p.

8. How good is the sound quality on the rear speaker, is it loud and clean? I play loads of internet radio, FM radio via my X2.

9. Would you all recommend the Inc 2 over the X2? Is the Inc 2 Fast and speedy at tasks, not locking up or stuttering during music playback?

Last edited:

woahdroid

Reaction score
Ok. I've gone through TOTAL HELL with the Droid X2 ( name it, it's happened). That Asurian is offing to move me from the X2 to the Inc 2. I need to get some info.

2. SBFing or restoring to total factory condition via PC Flash software. I want a simple (if possible) method to revert to 2.2 or 2.3 like it came from VZW. So any rooting, .bak'ed bloatware, etc is restored like it was when it arrived.

3. I had HELL with pocket dialing and answering when I had the Eris a few years back. I know roms can fix that. Is there a way to get around that without roms? (Going from the slide down to answer / unlock to slide over like typical android.)

4. FM Radio. This may sound nuts. But I need a good FM radio. Matter of fact FM radio is a MUST on a phone for me! I use Tune-In but a FM Radio WITH RDS (artist / song) is required.

5. Display. Is the display quality as good or better than the X or X2. Both of which I've had? Does the .3 " make any difference?

6. Is the Inc 2 as durable as the x2? If I hit the side or back will it damage easier than the X would?

7. Can the 1.3 Front facing camera be used for 640x480 video recording? I record covers on YouTube. Using the front camera would be simpler than the rear. I don't need HD 720p.

8. How good is the sound quality on the rear speaker, is it loud and clean? I play loads of internet radio, FM radio via my X2.

9. Would you all recommend the Inc 2 over the X2? Is the Inc 2 Fast and speedy at tasks, not locking up or stuttering during music playback?

The gb root ain't out yet. And as far as sbf. You use RUU for htc. The FM radio is great. As well as the screen is great. Everything is crystal clear. Not like the pentile display like the. X or X2 I haven't had a problem with pocket dialing or answering. The phone is quick and snappy no lag that I have found. As of the camera I'm not to sure. I'll go ahead and check that out and get back to you. I know that it is good quality though and pretty good for 1.3 mP. The back speaker with the srs. Boost is great too! I would definitely recommend the incredible 2 over the X2.

sent from my HTC Droid Incredible 2

Last edited:

woahdroid

Reaction score
640x480 for the camera. I think you will be pleased with it. Also the durability for the extended back is great. I only have the extended back so I couldn't compare. The camera and speaker are better protected though. But no idea don't think it is any better but it surely isn't worse.

Last edited:

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score

No root for gb yet but this phone is awesome stock. No real reason the root imo other than to remove VZW apps.

The ruu will not take you totally back to stock. You will still have s off. There isn't a clear solid way to go back to stock yet as far as I know.

Fm radio, haven't tried it yet but headphones need to he plugged in to act as an antenna for it

Screen is great. Rich colors, sharp. Anything is better than pentile on x2 though. I like having a 4 in screen opposed to the 4.3 but that is all preference.

The Inc2 should be durable. It has a aluminum unibody. But I have had a TPU case and screen protector since day 1.

The speaker is pretty good. I believe it has some sort of stereo surround technology.

Lastly this phone is a multitasking beast and fast. Don't let the single core fool you. There is zero lag. I stream online radio, while games and internet are in cache, while opening maps, etc....no lag. Also not to mention this phone can get 20+ hrs battery at times. It's totally better than the x2.

sent from my inc2

Last edited:

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
There is rooted gingerbread for the x2 now. X2 is much better than dinc2 imo

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

woahdroid

Reaction score
I don't think so. I have played with my friends and it is so slow. The screen sucks compared to mine. The incredible is very good size not to big not to small. It's great. When it's rooted in feel it's more powerful than a rooted X it has more ram aswell. It's obviously opinions but some facts point in the direction of the incredible 2

kingsway8605

Reaction score
There is currently not root for gb on the incredible 2.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
I was really hoping the x2 would be a good device. It was one of the phones that I was heavily researching and testing. But too many negative points arose for me to have to live with on a phone. One should not have to root a phone to make it work properly.

OP, the fact of the matter is that if you have been through hell as you say with the x2, might as well get a dependable device that is superior in multitasking, lag free, fast, and has great battery.

If you get the Inc2 though you may want to do a factory reset, as they probably didn't do it in store after the ota firmware update. OTA updates often cause issues if a factory reset isn't done afterwards on android devices.

sent from my inc2

OP
xmguy

xmguy

Reaction score
How is the display outdoors? Really visible?

Also on the FM Radio does the RDS update. I tried a Inc 2 in a VZW store today and the RDS just hung up at a few characters.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
How is the display outdoors? Really visible?

Also on the FM Radio does the RDS update. I tried a Inc 2 in a VZW store today and the RDS just hung up at a few characters.

The X2 has that pentile high res screen... not many phones out right now are more visible outdoors, the Inc2 included.

That aside, I much prefer the Inc2 - and had both. But it depends on what's important to you...

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
just tried the fm radio for the first time it works pretty good. had to mess with the antenna a little bit but it picked up my local stations. not sure what you mean about rds?

sent from my inc2

OP
xmguy

xmguy

Reaction score
just tried the fm radio for the first time it works pretty good. had to mess with the antenna a little bit but it picked up my local stations. not sure what you mean about rds?

sent from my inc2

The RDS is what displays above the station frequency. It should be dynamic and change with the artist and song.

OP
xmguy

xmguy

Reaction score
I've read up on this "s-off". Is it reversible? If I need to have my phone replaced it needs to be in stock condition.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
I don't think s off is reversible at this time even with the ruu, but I am not totally sure. It's definitely not reversible with an xtc clip. And there is no method to root gingerbread on Inc2 yet unless you use a xtc clip (hardware method). This phone is good stock though.

sent from my inc2

OP
xmguy

xmguy

Reaction score
I don't think s off is reversible at this time even with the ruu, but I am not totally sure. It's definitely not reversible with an xtc clip. And there is no method to root gingerbread on Inc2 yet unless you use a xtc clip (hardware method). This phone is good stock though.

sent from my inc2

How does one send a phone to Verizon or Insurance if the S-off is OFF? With Motorola one can do a full flash and it restores it to total stock.