Call in to the show.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
As I prep for tonight's show I am still trying to find a way to take call ins. I am open to ideas now as uberconference is not working.

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
What about also setting up an IRC for live chatting during the show.....

Samsung Note 7.5
We can do that in a thread here. I think he wants live voices & conversations.

@pc747 What about Hangouts? We can designate at what minutes who will call/talk. Or, get everyone in Hangouts & you call them about certain topics.

Tapped from a Nexus 6

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score

@pc747 What about Hangouts? We can designate at what minutes who will call/talk. Or, get everyone in Hangouts & you call them about certain topics.

Tapped from a Nexus 6

That was a thought but requires the other end to have the bandwidth to support it. I may look at testing that idea though.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Found an avenue. I am able to receive skype calls during hangouts. Tested and no one sees the number but me. So I may leave a number have post a time we may take live on air questions/comments.

Efin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Found an avenue. I am able to receive skype calls during hangouts. Tested and no one sees the number but me. So I may leave a number have post a time we may take live on air questions/comments.
Very nice, but please don't call me at night anymore PC ;)

Sent from my New Note 7

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller

Tapped from a Nexus 6
We can but then you have to keep refreshing the page. It's not nearly as easy as a chat room....... Just my... . 02

Samsung Note 7.5

Reactions: CJM
OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
We may look at an iirc in the future.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Right now the challenge will be deciding how to do call-ins. Especially being we are just now trying it. With skype I will not have the time to vet before the show which means I could literally get a person on looking to sell used diapers.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I won't call in then!!! Could have asked Nicely.

We use Skype at work. It will do what you're trying and you can kick the offending person.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I won't call in then!!! Could have asked Nicely.

We use Skype at work. It will do what you're trying and you can kick the offending person.

Hmm I may allow you to pitch your used diapers after all. :D

What I meant by deciding was whether to post the number now and have a free for all or post via pm?

I just was concerned about spam calls as well as trying to get who is calling as I will not know the person's number who is calling.

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
Let the baba booeys and Hit em with the Heins commence!

I think there are solutions that are easy enough. Members who want to be on live could PM you a number and you could let them know they are on "call" for that night's show. Give them a ring and if they don't answer move on.

What about more of like a Webcam show/setup? Gives live chat ability and PM so those that want to talk you call... Eliminates the screening issue...

Samsung Note 7.5

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Let the baba booeys and Hit em with the Heins commence!

I think there are solutions that are easy enough. Members who want to be on live could PM you a number and you could let them know they are on "call" for that night's show. Give them a ring and if they don't answer move on.

What about more of like a Webcam show/setup? Gives live chat ability and PM so those that want to talk you call... Eliminates the screening issue...

Samsung Note 7.5

Like the idea. And since we are going with numbers only (low tech) people can call from anywhere and not have to try and set up a camera as we will just have voice from them. In other words bought a Skype number so people can call from a landline or if they are not a Skype user.