Bring Out Your Dead.... We're Not Dead Yet - Sapphire 2.0 Release!

mikemullin6

Reaction score
compcache kernel

There was an earlier compcache enabled kernel for Sapphire (ver 1.1???). Any idea if this would work on version 2.0 or if there is some way to get compcache working on this version?

thx

Kernels can be found here

wiki.ccroms.net/sapphire/releases/2.0.0

that only has the standard, LV, etc. kernels. Not the compcache kernel

Armyof2

Reaction score
compcache is part of the kernels...it's not a seperate thing ...all sapphire kernels (including stock) can have compcache enabled...its in Setting -> GEM Settings -> Performance

jayman350

Reaction score
I was running CM 6.1.2 up until Sapphire 2.0 dropped. CM is great, lots of little goodies and the theme support is absurd. I had been jumping around trying to find a new ROM to tide me over until 2.0 or some sort of GB showed up. I checked out Liquid, Project Elite, CM, and Lithium NG. But my phone always seems to run better on Sapphire. I checked out 1.1.4 and 5 but they were just a little too buggy for some things. Great job on Tank to give us something to play with.

I have been running 2.0 since yesterday afternoon/evening and all is good. Market bug showed up, but I don't really care b/c I like to restore them w/ Titanium. Can't wait to try out the Wiimote connectivity.

Hamnrye

Reaction score
First time trying out Sapphire. Install went fine and using the new ADW EX as my launcher. On my install it's the old Market, is that correct? I've tried several different methods to remove and install the new Market without success. That includes installing as an APK and as a zip through recovery. I get through the acceptance screen and then a force close. I'm out of ideas if anyone has a suggestion.

Armyof2

Reaction score
First time trying out Sapphire. Install went fine and using the new ADW EX as my launcher. On my install it's the old Market, is that correct? I've tried several different methods to remove and install the new Market without success. That includes installing as an APK and as a zip through recovery. I get through the acceptance screen and then a force close. I'm out of ideas if anyone has a suggestion.

This one worked for me

LINK

Hamnrye

Reaction score

This one worked for me

LINK

Great, I'll give it a whirl. Did you delete the market first and then install through recovery as a zip?

VivianC

Reaction score
Did I miss something? I ran the Sapphire 2.0.0 update and then the gapps 2.0.0 update. I then let it sync for a while and ran a Ti restore. When I fired it up, I still had the old version of the market. Tried running the gapps 2.0.0 update again and still no joy. Was it not included or do I need to look elsewhere?

Armyof2

Reaction score
new version of market isn't in this build try downloading the file i put up a couple posts back and install it in recovery

Hamnrye

Reaction score
Worked perfectly for me, just run as Armyof2 states, from recovery with no need to clear cache/data or uninstall old Market.

brochaos

Reaction score
does 2.0 have any of the multitouch bugs that cm6 based roms have? ie, can you 2 finger rotate in maps 5.0?

Kmart95

Reaction score
Ive been out of the whole android scene for quite while and i was just wonderin if there were any new install instructions for this rom or can i just go into clockwork recovery and wipe and then install the rom.zip like i remember doing.