Bring Out Your Dead.... We're Not Dead Yet - Sapphire 2.0 Release!

keithsmith22

Reaction score
I hope they get that Blackbar quick too. That is all the theme I need on mine.

ukyfan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
ukyfan,
install Rom from SD Card
choose Sapphire 2.0, choose "add Zip" when you get the Install Queue popup and choose gapps.
Hit OK and make your wiping and backup choices and let it do it's thing:)
I swear I feel like a freaking moron! That was so simple. The hardest part was just waiting for Titanium to give me back my apps, and resetting my widgets. Thanks again dude, and sorry for my boneheadedness:biggrin:

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
It's ok Uky, we've all gone through it, now you're "experienced enough to still get yourself in trouble" like the rest of us. :)

I tried to do too many flashes before rebooting last night, did 2.0, gapps, new market, gb kb, and brother, ended up going back to my nandroid backup.

Most of the time you can do the rom, gapps, and a kernal together, all through recovery. I leave my phone hooked to my computer via usb, and in recovery, will enable USB storage. Then, I can take each file and change to "update.zip" and flash in turn.

It's afterwards that you do work, moving fonts, ringtones, apps, widgets, launchers, themes, boot animation, etc.

Black bar WILL NOT work in 2.0, the framework-res is not the same (my guess, yes, I tried it for the heck of it - boot loop on animation). I'm not sure who's porting it over, but JoelRX gave permission to go to 1.1.1, same holds here, it will appear sooner (than later), that's all I'm waiting for at the moment. For now, I just have ADW hide the bar.

Zandar

Reaction score
LOVE 1.1.1; can't wait to get on 2.0 (Droid's dead at the moment)! That Tron theme is insanely awesome. If you can port that to Sapphire, I would have no reason to miss CM ;)

Though I doubt a theme would be enough to get me to switch from Sapphire; it's too danged smooth. Great work!

brando56894

Reaction score
It seems to run well on my droid but I feel its missing two important things: power strip in the pulldown shade and complete notification bar theming. I think Ill be going back to CM6 until these are added....

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
You know the powerstrip in the pulldown was not an android thing, but a OEM thing, forgot who's. Sapphire's ideology is to provide the most stable improved android experience itself, which it overachieves :)

So unfortunately those little things have to be added by themers, etc.

keithsmith22

Reaction score
You know the powerstrip in the pulldown was not an android thing, but a OEM thing, forgot who's. Sapphire's ideology is to provide the most stable improved android experience itself, which it overachieves :)

So a themer can add things like the Powerstrip pulldown? If thats the case, I would love for one of you smart Themers out there to make a simple black bar with the power strip in the drop down. That is as far as the themes as I go, I do miss this feature from CM but I am a Sapphire man and it is for sure the most stable ROM out there. Hands down.

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score

cvpcs said he will at one point add the notification power controls into the rom, but instead will write it himself as cyanogenmod's implementation relies heavily on code that existed in cyanogen before them (i.e. have to go dig for lots of old code and add it to for them to work). This will take a lot of coding, so it might be a while.

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
I do like the controls in notification bar that CM has, but it's not a deal breaker for me. All I really need to toggle is bluetooth, and there's a market app that sort of does that in notifications - it will suffice until cvpcs implements the widget.

captdroid

Reaction score
Nice to see Sapphire 2.0 release! I ran Sapphire 1.x for quite a while. The current Sapphire feature set is not nearly enough to woo me back from CM. CM is stable and fast and loaded with features. I wanted features now on my D1 custom ROM (which I have in abundance with CM). Waiting does me no good since time is ticking and phone hardware is advancing at a rapid pace. This from the perspective of a current D1 user. My comments and current ROM preference is not a slight at all towards CCRoms or CVPCS. Some day I may return to my old stomping grounds CCROM's. Today for my D1 is not that day.

Armyof2

Reaction score
LOVE 1.1.1; can't wait to get on 2.0 (Droid's dead at the moment)! That Tron theme is insanely awesome. If you can port that to Sapphire, I would have no reason to miss CM ;)

Though I doubt a theme would be enough to get me to switch from Sapphire; it's too danged smooth. Great work!

I'm working on the port now...tho i'm noobish at theming...if no f/cs after this next reboot I may be on to something though

grinchy

Reaction score
Let me know what you all think if this theme ;)

Attachments

• CAP2010122915521.jpg
    CAP2010122915521.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 262

mikemullin6

Reaction score
compcache available?

There was an earlier compcache enabled kernel for Sapphire (ver 1.1???). Any idea if this would work on version 2.0 or if there is some way to get compcache working on this version?

thx

Armyof2

Reaction score
There was an earlier compcache enabled kernel for Sapphire (ver 1.1???). Any idea if this would work on version 2.0 or if there is some way to get compcache working on this version?

thx

Kernels can be found here

wiki.ccroms.net/sapphire/releases/2.0.0