Bring Out Your Dead.... We're Not Dead Yet - Sapphire 2.0 Release!

Armyof2

Reaction score
Congrats to the CCRoms team on an excellent release. I installed Sapphire 2.0.0 last night and it worked flawlessly except for one thing:

After booting into the OS for the first time, configuring my Google account, etc. I noticed that none of my apps were in my app list. So I rebooted, waited, and waited, and waited. Nothing. So I went into the market and checked the download section. All of my apps were in the process of being downloaded at the same time.

The fix was to cancel all of the downloads and re-download/install each app. That's the first time this has happened to me after booting into Android for the first time.

Other than that, great release. I can't wait for Gingerbread goodness on my Droid. :)

Thats the market sync not a bug...if they don't look like they're moving all you have to do is cancel one of them and restart it and the rest should follow.

ukyfan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Rom manager will allow you to install them in succession, in the same recovery session.

edit pdroid beat me to the punch.

So if I start the install of the rom I will get the option to install the apps right after? No boot required in between?

Sorry for hijacking the thread. I can go to private msgs if need be.

You select gapps when you choose to download sapphire in RM.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Sorry to be a pain, but I have both downloaded. If you don't mind do I
1. I pick the "sapphire-2.0.0-update.zip"
2. On the "ROM Pre-Installation" popup check both boxes for backing . up existing rom and to wipe data and cache.
3. Click on the "Sapphire- 2.0.0-gapps-update" and let it install?
As easy as that?

Maybe I should just wait to find my cable and not even worry with ROM MGR :unsure:

Armyof2

Reaction score
That only moves apps that the developer enabled as move to sd. This was an option to move it no matter what. All apps can be moved.

they don't include outside apps. you'll have to install apps2sd seperately but it will work
Do you know where I can get the apps2sd to put on my phone?

I've got no net access on my phone at work so i can't tell if it's in market...if not there you can get it here

App 2 SD Free (move app to SD) - Android

ukyfan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Armyof2

Reaction score
So we have permission to port the Tron theme...unfortunately I'm not sure i'm equal to the task but I'm willing to give it a shot...if there are any veteren themers that are willing to undertake it here is the link for the latest CM version

Tron Theme for CM 6.1.0 Stable - CyanogenMod Forum

GAH! stupid work firewall won't let me download this file so i can start playing with this...don't suppose someone could grab this and toss it on mediafire or something for me? lol

I need something to do while i'm here...

Armyof2

Reaction score
Apparently my work firewall thinks CM is warez..hmmm conspiracy theorists fire up your typewriters!

ParadingLunatic

Reaction score
Anyone know if the black bar from 1.1.1 will work on this? My guess is it won't. If not, anyone know when it will be ported? I don't really need an entire theme that changes every app on the phone. The black bar itself was plenty for me.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Anyone know if the black bar from 1.1.1 will work on this? My guess is it won't. If not, anyone know when it will be ported? I don't really need an entire theme that changes every app on the phone. The black bar itself was plenty for me.

No it will not work on 2.0. They need to make a 2.0 version.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App