Bring Out Your Dead.... We're Not Dead Yet - Sapphire 2.0 Release!

ecsnead69

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Newest Black Market...

The link that Armyof2 has is for 2.2.6 market, that is the old new market....:)
Anyway, here is the ORIGINAL "black market" 2.2.7 and a black and transparent market (credit jatx2wne for the transparency) that will install right over any market you have as long as it is working currently...

Enjoy...

These are zips, so just install through recovery............

BlackedOutMarket227.zip - *********** - online file sharing and storage - download
BlackXparentMarket.zip - *********** - online file sharing and storage - download

Edit: Before you look, don't look for market in the "m"s....... "black market".....:)

jayman350

Reaction score
Just did some benchmarking, looking good sapphire

aefc2ba2-d324-f566.jpg

aefc2ba2-d381-f656.jpg

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

fastlane1000

Reaction score
Guys, I just downloaded and installed this ROM. However i can't install the google apps. I click on the download and it says it is not a supported file. I have checked "allow non market apps". Am i missing something? I don't have the market thus no rom manager or any of my other file manager software to move forward with. Thanks for any help.

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
Guys, I just downloaded and installed this ROM. However i can't install the google apps. I click on the download and it says it is not a supported file. I have checked "allow non market apps". Am i missing something? I don't have the market thus no rom manager or any of my other file manager software to move forward with. Thanks for any help.

You need to flash the gapps the same you do a ROM ... of course no need to wipe.

fastlane1000

Reaction score
But now i've already installed the Rom without gapps and therefore dont have my rom manager to flash them with... without the market i can't get the apps i need.

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
But now i've already installed the Rom without gapps and therefore dont have my rom manager to flash them with... without the market i can't get the apps i need.

OK - if you have the Gapps on your SD card just boot into recovery (hold down the power button). You will boot into CW recovery, choose to install a .zip from desired location (forget the exact wording) and then navigate to where you have the gapps and install.

Of course if they are not on your SD card, transfer prior to booting into recovery.

fastlane1000

Reaction score

OK - if you have the Gapps on your SD card just boot into recovery (hold down the power button). You will boot into CW recovery, choose to install a .zip from desired location (forget the exact wording) and then navigate to where you have the gapps and install.

Of course if they are not on your SD card, transfer prior to booting into recovery.
Ok Great, this will be a first. I can handle it though. <-- newbie
Edited: Done, much thanks!

cyclejoc

Reaction score
I'm new to all this. I have the HTC EVO. I have heard so much about Roms and Rooting my phone. Could someone explain or direct me to someone that may be able to explain a Rom to me. Also does a Rom void my phone with Sprint? Thank you very much.

jayman350

Reaction score
First off, yes you void your warranty. However there are ways to return your phone to stock should you ever need to. I would suggest doing a search for rooting your phone and installing a new recovery program first. Once you have that done you can flash custom roms. This basically means that people such as cvpcs and the ccroms crew have modified the stock android system. You can then choose from different themes and kernels (for overclocking).

Hope this helps

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

flyinion

Reaction score
Looking good so far. Downloaded Sapphire, Gapps, and LV 250-800Mhz Kernel then did a manual wipe/reset/clear cache and installed ROM, gapps, Kernel, reboot. Turned on wi-fi and let it go downloading apps. I think the only market apps it missed were linpack, goggles, and angry birds seasons. Had a temporary Twitter issue which seems to have been fixed by a restart.

I do have one question. I noticed the rotary lockscreen option and turned it on which seems to give that curved lockscreen thing, but what exactly is the difference between rotary lockscreen and stock?

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
I do have one question. I noticed the rotary lockscreen option and turned it on which seems to give that curved lockscreen thing, but what exactly is the difference between rotary lockscreen and stock?

The difference is the curved lockscreen thing. lol