Bring Out Your Dead.... We're Not Dead Yet - Sapphire 2.0 Release!

flyinion

Reaction score
I do have one question. I noticed the rotary lockscreen option and turned it on which seems to give that curved lockscreen thing, but what exactly is the difference between rotary lockscreen and stock?

The difference is the curved lockscreen thing. lol

lol I kind of thought that was the case but wasn't sure.

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
I do have one question. I noticed the rotary lockscreen option and turned it on which seems to give that curved lockscreen thing, but what exactly is the difference between rotary lockscreen and stock?

The difference is the curved lockscreen thing. lol

lol I kind of thought that was the case but wasn't sure.

The rotary lock was the official lockscreen on android 2.0, which only our Droid 1 had. Many missed it, so it has been brought back by a few developers for options in their roms.

phantom6294

Reaction score
Trying Sapphire out for the first time. I decided to try it based largely on the comment: "All Google apps that are available for download from the market will no longer be included in the CCRoms Google apps package"

I had hoped this would be an 'app minimalist ROM', which is what I prefer; I'll install the apps I want. However, I was utterly shocked to find Visual Voicemail and Amazon MP3 included in the ROM and GApps, respecitively. Why on earth would these be included when both are available from the market and totally unnecessary? The first thing I want to do after installing a new ROM is to INstall apps... not UNinstall apps, especaially if I have to jump through hoops to uninstall said apps.

I must admit, it left a REALLY bad taste in my mouth for Sapphire but I am trying my best to not let it cloud my judgement.

brochaos

Reaction score
i think those are left in to be as stock as possible, but yea, i wouldn't miss them, and they can be found in the market...so maybe it was just an oversight.

flyinion

Reaction score
i think those are left in to be as stock as possible, but yea, i wouldn't miss them, and they can be found in the market...so maybe it was just an oversight.

Those two in particular are also easily removable by going to a terminal and using "rmapk". For example "rmapk vvm" to remove the stock visual voicemail app. Mainly it was apps like Maps, Gmail, etc. that were left out and it sounds like they did this since these are the ones always getting updates which you can't do if it's a System installed app.

phantom6294

Reaction score
Those two in particular are also easily removable by going to a terminal and using "rmapk". For example "rmapk vvm" to remove the stock visual voicemail app. Mainly it was apps like Maps, Gmail, etc. that were left out and it sounds like they did this since these are the ones always getting updates which you can't do if it's a System installed app.

rmapk... that's the key. Thank you!

crdnilfan

Reaction score
Every time I try to install Sapphire I get stuck at the M logo. I wiped data & cache.

Are you installing the ROM .zip booting up then rebooting into recovery to install gapps? I tried installing the ROM and gapps at once and got stuck on the M too ...

Where can I get the gapps?

http://files.ccroms.net/download.php?q=sapphire/froyo/2.0.0/release/sapphire-2.0.0-gapps-update.zip

right there :)

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com

crdnilfan

Reaction score
instead of making a new thread and taking up space, i'll post my question here:
is there any chance the "unthrottled data" will be incorporated into sapphire any time soon?

Armyof2

Reaction score
unthrottled data? sounds an awful like something that could violate your carriers ToS...I doubt you'll see that

crdnilfan

Reaction score
unthrottled data? sounds an awful like something that could violate your carriers ToS...I doubt you'll see that

It's been floating around xda, and will be included in SS 4.96 and there is a patch for it for UD 2.5.

I just went ahead and patched the Sapphire 2.0 framework for it myself. Testing speeds now.

Update:

I feel as if the speedtest app is having some issues. I'm getting about 90kbps now, though web pages are loading much quicker. Looks like as of now I have a benchmark vs. real world performance results issues.

Update 2:

The speedtest.net page gave me 440kbps, and that's running through flash. Hmm. I'll do more testing.

Update 3:

Speedtest app seems to be working again, just got 1.2mbps. never had anything close to that before. Wow.

Anybody want the services.jar file? I don't know how to make update.zip's :p

calbrs04

Reaction score
Anyone notice that the blacklist option is available in the call options, but if i long press a number in the call log, it does not give me the option to blacklist? I know that I can manually put the number in but that involves too many extra steps. Any ideas?
(yes i am going to try to push the contacts from UD)

N/m. I was using the galaxy theme that added the modified phone and contacts.