Bring Out Your Dead.... We're Not Dead Yet - Sapphire 2.0 Release!

GranParadiso

Reaction score
wow

Trying Sapphire out for the first time. I decided to try it based largely on the comment: "All Google apps that are available for download from the market will no longer be included in the CCRoms Google apps package"

I had hoped this would be an 'app minimalist ROM', which is what I prefer; I'll install the apps I want. However, I was utterly shocked to find Visual Voicemail and Amazon MP3 included in the ROM and GApps, respecitively. Why on earth would these be included when both are available from the market and totally unnecessary? The first thing I want to do after installing a new ROM is to INstall apps... not UNinstall apps, especaially if I have to jump through hoops to uninstall said apps.

I must admit, it left a REALLY bad taste in my mouth for Sapphire but I am trying my best to not let it cloud my judgement.

Wow. If you're that particular about your ROM maybe this isn't the one for you...

mke236

Reaction score
Are you installing the ROM .zip booting up then rebooting into recovery to install gapps? I tried installing the ROM and gapps at once and got stuck on the M too ...

Where can I get the gapps?

http://files.ccroms.net/download.php?q=sapphire/froyo/2.0.0/release/sapphire-2.0.0-gapps-update.zip

right there :)

THANKS! REALLY APPRECIATE IT. I just loaded up the rom with gapps and kernel.......HOLY CRAP THIS ROM IS SMOOTH. This is my first time running Sapphire on my OG DROID. Damn, I'm convinced. Until the Miui team gets that thing out of Beta, I'm sticking with this. PLUS THE BLACKED OUT THEME IS RIDICULOUSLY AWESOME AND SEXY. HELLS YEA!1

brando56894

Reaction score
You know the powerstrip in the pulldown was not an android thing, but a OEM thing, forgot who's. Sapphire's ideology is to provide the most stable improved android experience itself, which it overachieves :)

So unfortunately those little things have to be added by themers, etc.

Yea I know its not an android thing, but I assumed it would most likely be included since in Tanks "what do you want in the next release?" thread that seemed to be a recurring thing that people wanted, glad to know hes working on it though.

Its just one of those things that you get used to and you become heavily reliant on it. I always used it to toggle my lock/unlock state and for wifi. Now I have to close out of apps to do that :-/

Armyof2

Reaction score
if you read back i think Tank said that it will be added but cvpcs is not going to just yank it from one rom and stick it in..he'll code it in himself as he did with the rest of the rom...honestly if he decided to hold off on this feature til the GB port is coming along i'd be fine with that cuz i'm ready to move on to that...I tried one of the almost working GB ports a week ago and holy crap that thing blaaaaazzessss....i can't even imagine how smooth and fast it'd be when cvpcs gets a hold of it

Kias

Reaction score
I strayed from sapphire for a couple weeks, just to see what else was going on, and I started using that powerstrip thing. It is the coolest thing since the coolest thing before sliced bread. (It's REALLY hard to beat sliced bread...)

I am finding myself pulling down the pulldown thing to turn those things on and off, and it's not there. Kind of a bummer, but not enough to get me to switch to another ROM permanently.

kwatch

Reaction score
Youtube Apps missing

I just installed Sapphire 2.0. Youtube App is missing. Where can I get it?

exiledslayer

Reaction score
unthrottled data? sounds an awful like something that could violate your carriers ToS...I doubt you'll see that

It's been floating around xda, and will be included in SS 4.96 and there is a patch for it for UD 2.5.

I just went ahead and patched the Sapphire 2.0 framework for it myself. Testing speeds now.

Update:

I feel as if the speedtest app is having some issues. I'm getting about 90kbps now, though web pages are loading much quicker. Looks like as of now I have a benchmark vs. real world performance results issues.

Update 2:

The speedtest.net page gave me 440kbps, and that's running through flash. Hmm. I'll do more testing.

Update 3:

Speedtest app seems to be working again, just got 1.2mbps. never had anything close to that before. Wow.

Anybody want the services.jar file? I don't know how to make update.zip's :p

Yes, yes, yes. 1.2mbps? Share, please!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

bigillz

Reaction score
hrm..

Pardon the request, I've not seen another issue posted of this sort.

Upgraded to 2.0.0 with data wipe and every-app-reinstall from Sapphire 1.1..- whatever the latest was prior.

Connected my phone via USB, pop the "Turn on USB storage" menu, hit that button, and am presented with:
"
If you turn on USB storage, some applications you are using will stop and may be unavailable until you turn off ...
---------------------
USB operation failed
---------------------
[ Format SD card] [ Cancel ]
"

Of course, I'm not going to hit Format as my SD card is chock full of backups, photos, videos, etc. With Sapphire 1.1.0 I had no issues with USB mode whatsoever. I understand that apps installed to SD may be affected by mounting the SD card via USB, but the only given option being "format"..???? Something seems very wrong.

In other bug news, when I had headphones plugged in and was using an app that streams audio (99.9 KISW radio station app), using the volume up/down displayed "Bluetooth device volume:" with a slider on that. The plugged-in headset was obviously not a bluetooth connection/device so there seems a definite bug there.

Cheers and thanks for all your work!

-J