Bring Out Your Dead.... We're Not Dead Yet - Sapphire 2.0 Release!

arw01

Reaction score
Flashed Sapphire 2.0 a couple of days ago via rom manager.

However, my previously installed apps still have not automatically been reinstalled again.

Perhaps I used my "other" google account, but anything I bought in the last 6 months or installed is under the one with google checkout capabilties.

Is this a result of the "market" bug that I need to try Army2's file?

Ficarra

Reaction score
Having trouble installing Sapphire on my Droid. Tried it first by going through Rom Manager. That installed, but at startup, phone process continually forced closed, so I couldn't get beyond that. Then I tried downloading the update.zip, gapps update.zip, and the 7 slot standard voltage 1000mhz kernel from the wiki site. I have tried wiping data and cache several times, installing just the update.zip, the update.zip with the gapps update.zip, and each time, it will not boot. Not even the Motorola logo. Luckily I made a backup, and had to revert back to that.

Thoughts?

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
Sounds to me like you might wish to try thru SPRecovery, I've never had issues that way ...

msheldon

Reaction score
Having trouble installing Sapphire on my Droid. Tried it first by going through Rom Manager. That installed, but at startup, phone process continually forced closed, ...

Don't use Rom Manager's "upgrade" feature. Go to the download section and do it that way. For some reason if you use the upgrade function, it doesn't do a full download first.

Personally, the only time I had my phone completely fubared was using the "recommended" manual method with sprecovery. Fortunately I had made a backup, so was able to restore then do it through Rom Manager.

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
unthrottled data? sounds an awful like something that could violate your carriers ToS...I doubt you'll see that

It's been floating around xda, and will be included in SS 4.96 and there is a patch for it for UD 2.5.

I just went ahead and patched the Sapphire 2.0 framework for it myself. Testing speeds now.

Update:

I feel as if the speedtest app is having some issues. I'm getting about 90kbps now, though web pages are loading much quicker. Looks like as of now I have a benchmark vs. real world performance results issues.

Update 2:

The speedtest.net page gave me 440kbps, and that's running through flash. Hmm. I'll do more testing.

Update 3:

Speedtest app seems to be working again, just got 1.2mbps. never had anything close to that before. Wow.

Anybody want the services.jar file? I don't know how to make update.zip's :p

Yes, yes, yes. 1.2mbps? Share, please!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Someone can correct me if I'm incorrect, but I saw several discussions on this. The thread is for T-mobile, and circumventing their throttling.

Since VZ doesn't throttle data thru the OS, but thru OTA of their switches, this would have no effect on our Droids, so I've seen. Unlimited is unlimited on VZ ...

Anyways, that was what I picked up researching this.

nothing0

Reaction score
I haven't installed a rom since sapphire 1. Is there a easy way to backup settings and apps? And a simple restore of settings, apps, homescreens, and etc?

ntrddragn

Reaction score
I noticed my apps aren't pushing any notification. Gmail,wordfued, fb etc. They all been set to auto sync,auto notify etc...anyone else or just me?

Droid74

Reaction score
Looks like there is an update this am for bootstrap that allows it to play nice with the "gem roms"!

arw01

Reaction score
Market Force Close

Flashed Sapphire 2.0 a couple of days ago via rom manager.

However, my previously installed apps still have not automatically been reinstalled again.

Perhaps I used my "other" google account, but anything I bought in the last 6 months or installed is under the one with google checkout capabilties.

Is this a result of the "market" bug that I need to try Army2's file?

Still having the same issue with market, force close force close force close.

The program won't run even after data and cache clear. The 2.2.7 update won't load.

ecsnead69

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Are you using the market from the link army posted or the newest one I posted? The one I posted works, has bee installed on 5 roms to date, and I haven't had an issue...

Sent just before I "Blacked Out"

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
Try this one, and having 2.2.7 over 2.2.6 is nothing, that release only had improvements for larger screens, which didn't affect most people.

This one worked on my OG, on Saph ...

Attachments

• Vending.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 143

ukyfan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Anyone else having issues with bluetooth? At first I thought it might have been a corrupted theme download as to why I couldn't connect, but now it seems like I can't connect at all to my BT headset. My headset is less than a foot away from my phone in discovery mode, and BT is enabled on my phone in discovery mode as well. When I hit Scan for devices nothing comes up. Anyone else having BT issues.

jayman350

Reaction score
Anyone else having issues with bluetooth? At first I thought it might have been a corrupted theme download as to why I couldn't connect, but now it seems like I can't connect at all to my BT headset. My headset is less than a foot away from my phone in discovery mode, and BT is enabled on my phone in discovery mode as well. When I hit Scan for devices nothing comes up. Anyone else having BT issues.

Not having any issues so far with BT, but I have had issues in the past with getting my headsets to pair with a new rom. Try this out.

1. Turn off BT and your headset
2. Turn your headset on and put it in pairing mode
3. Go into BT settings on your phone, turn it on
4. Scan for devices

I have used this approach every time my BT headsets (Jawbone ICON and Moto S305) fail to pair or connect when I am on a new ROM. For whatever reason, turning the headset to pairing and then turning on BT makes it pair and connect more consistently than the other way around.