bricked? i think i did.

beachbum25

Reaction score
Phone is stuck at red eye. cannot boot into recovery. have pulled battery and sdcard. tried everything that i know of..........

OP
B

beachbum25

Reaction score
The whole story is that i was trying to flash sourcery 2.2 it bootlooped so i unrooted and flashed back to stock. i rerooted and tried to flash another rom and now its stuck at the red eye and i cannot get into recovery. I am confused because i have never had anything remotely close to this happen before and i have flashed roms a ton between this phone and others.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
What did you use to root?
What recovery system are your using?
Did you wipe data and cache before installing the new rom? More important --- make a backup before you wipe data and cache.

OP
B

beachbum25

Reaction score
soup or root for root
rom manager/ cwm recovery
nandroid backup
Not sure what the deal is with it but i have rooted, unrooted, and rerooted a ton and never had an issue. if i could get into recovery i could fix this. i haven't been able to find anything anywhere with a situation and fix like this. The only thing i can find is people that can still get into recovery and well that makes it easy.
thanks for the reply.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I suggest sbf it.

OP
B

beachbum25

Reaction score
i will give that a shot. is there thread or something with a step by step process for doing sbf. i have never done that and i am not sure what i am looking for. i really appreciate the help.

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
You could also try sbf'ing clockwork on and then loading a backup.

The clockwork sbf is listed in RaidZero's recovery thread in his section.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
[OP] never answered the question whether a data/cache wipe was done before backup/flash. His situation has all the earmarks of failing to wipe. And here we go with throwing out the .sbf again, lol.