BREAKING: Sirius/XM App coming in May

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phreaker47

Reaction score
Why would I pay for this when there is a great app (A Online Radio) available for free in the marketplace. I can listen to stations all over the world.

You certainly don't have to, but it can't be argued that Sirius has a lot of great content, commercial free music, Howard Stern, etc... and you can get it at a high quality bitrate that sounds nearly CD quality. I doubt the free apps hardly deliver the same thing.

BobC

Reaction score
Xm radio?

I have had XM since day one. Will I have to switch to Sirius to use the app?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Sirius merged with XM over a year and a half ago. I don't know how often you listen but it's now Sirius/XM. You will need to have internet service which is like 3.50 a month extra.

By the way when I was listening to my favorite station ons Sirius/XM, Deep Tracks the DJ mentioned that it was available for iPhone, Blackberry, and Droid. I noticed he didn't say Android, just Droid.

BobC

Reaction score

Sirius merged with XM over a year and a half ago. I don't know how often you listen but it's now Sirius/XM. You will need to have internet service which is like 3.50 a month extra.

By the way when I was listening to my favorite station ons Sirius/XM, Deep Tracks the DJ mentioned that it was available for iPhone, Blackberry, and Droid. I noticed he didn't say Android, just Droid.

I listen everyday. I knew they merged, but I do not like Stern, I listen to O an A I do not want to switch to Sirius and pay extra for O an A and to use the app that is why I was asking. You can still buy xm radios or you can a buy siruis radio.

Last edited:

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

I listen everyday. I knew they merged, but I do not like Stern, I listen to O an A I do not want to switch to Sirius and pay extra for O an A and to use the app that is why I was asking. You can still buy xm radios or you can a buy siruis radio.

True, but the programing that is being offered for the Sirius/XM internet is what we are talking about here. None of that "Best of Sirius" programming is included in the internet package so all you have to pay for is the internet subscription. You won't be paying extra for Howard, he's not part of this. :)

BobC

Reaction score

True, but the programing that is being offered for the Sirius/XM internet is what we are talking about here. None of that "Best of Sirius" programming is included in the internet package so all you have to pay for is the internet subscription. You won't be paying extra for Howard, he's not part of this. :)

What I want to know is when they come put with app I want xm programing and only xm programing will I be able to do that? Case in point the iphone app has the NFL. XM does not have the NFL unless you want to pay more. I am not a subscriber to Sirius I am a subscriber to XM. The app for iphone has a bunch of Sirius only channels. Both of them do not carry the sane channels.

BobC

Reaction score

I listen to XM radio on the internet I do not get NFL or any Sirius only channels on the internet. They may have merged but the are not the same.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I listen to XM radio on the internet I do not get NFL or any Sirius only channels on the internet. They may have merged but the are not the same.

What they have done is taken certain Sirius Channels and mixed them in with XM channels. I'll give you a good example. "Classic Vinyl." Sorry, I don't remember what channel that is off the top of my head is a Sirius channel. The XM version of that Channel was called "Top Hits." It's no longer there. Also there was Big Rock on XM for the 80's, now it's "Classic Rewind" yet another Sirius channel. and Big Rock is gone. On the other hand "60's on 6" from XM stayed, replacing whatever Sirius had as an equivalent. Channels like Deep Tracks are also available on both XM and Sirius with no additional charges. If you have a Sirius radio Deep Tracks is in a different location then on an XM radio.

So there are Sirius channels that are mixed into the XM subscription. Just not stuff like Howard and the likes.

mikeybruises

Reaction score
I was an XM Radio subscriber, but drop it after downloading Pandora on my blackberry(Yeah so what I owned Blackberry, but I've seen the light.) I will definetly sign up for this.

warning9

Reaction score
Is there an internet listening only subscription for Sirius yet?

PhoneSter

Reaction score
I have sirus and called about droid (only)pricing.... when my current subscription is up, I can dump the car tuner and stream it from the droid bluetooth :)
anyway, will be $8.99 a month, droid only to add droid to the car package is 2.99 I'll have to see how well it streams bluetooth if i'm gonna do it

Status
Not open for further replies.