BREAKING: Sirius/XM App coming in May

Status
Not open for further replies.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have sirus and called about droid (only)pricing.... when my current subscription is up, I can dump the car tuner and stream it from the droid bluetooth :)
anyway, will be $8.99 a month, droid only to add droid to the car package is 2.99 I'll have to see how well it streams bluetooth if i'm gonna do it

Well yeah, that might work ok but don't forget you're not getting the full subscription if you do that for your car. You only get the internet channels.

bassjason

Reaction score
meh, I'll check out a free trial, but dunno if I'd pay a subscription for this with the other cheaper/free alternatives out there

solorca

Reaction score
I am looking forward to this app, only because Ron and Fez and Jason Ellis are both really hard to find (although not impossible) through other programs.

The music stations are pretty much useless since Sirius and XM merged. XM used to have a lot of cool niche programming, but the Sirius merger ruined that. The only channels I really listen to with music as the Underground Garage (stangely enough, the one good channel that came over from Sirius), Lithium, and occasionally the Decades channels.

REMilk

Reaction score
For me, improved programming after the merger.

The music stations are pretty much useless since Sirius and XM merged. XM used to have a lot of cool niche programming, but the Sirius merger ruined that. .....

XM maintained some of their 'cool' niche programming after the merger. For example, XM15-The Village (Folk Music) remains with increased personalities and additional programming. There was no corresponding niche programming on Sirius as they ended their folk music station several years earlier. In addition, as a loyal XM listener, I was able to pick up from Sirius "The Coffeehouse". With the "Best of Sirius" package, I can listen to NFL play-by-play.

I feel like I gained a lot with the merger.

Just my opinion, most likely yours will differ.

Bob

schellbl

Reaction score
solorca - what other applications are you using to find them?

OP
cderry

cderry

Reaction score
In addition, as a loyal XM listener, I was able to pick up from Sirius "The Coffeehouse". With the "Best of Sirius" package, I can listen to NFL play-by-play.

That's ridiculous. As a Sirius customer, when they merged with XM, the only crap that came with "Best of XM" was a few channels of talk, one MLB station (that has no play-by-play) and NASCAR radio.

We got hosed, Tommy...we got hosed.

holdfast96

Reaction score
any info on coasttocoastam with george noory being on the sirius/xm app??

REMilk

Reaction score
Some Got Hosed; Others Did Not

In addition, as a loyal XM listener, I was able to pick up from Sirius "The Coffeehouse". With the "Best of Sirius" package, I can listen to NFL play-by-play.

That's ridiculous. As a Sirius customer, when they merged with XM, the only crap that came with "Best of XM" was a few channels of talk, one MLB station (that has no play-by-play) and NASCAR radio.

We got hosed, Tommy...we got hosed.

As you can see, some folks got hosed, some like me got improvements.

Sirius listeners now have access to "The Village" folk music which was not available on Sirius prior to the merger.

Bob

solorca

Reaction score
The music stations are pretty much useless since Sirius and XM merged. XM used to have a lot of cool niche programming, but the Sirius merger ruined that. .....

XM maintained some of their 'cool' niche programming after the merger. For example, XM15-The Village (Folk Music) remains with increased personalities and additional programming. There was no corresponding niche programming on Sirius as they ended their folk music station several years earlier. In addition, as a loyal XM listener, I was able to pick up from Sirius "The Coffeehouse". With the "Best of Sirius" package, I can listen to NFL play-by-play.

Bob

Well, it kind of differs...although I'll be honest and say that XM was going downhill before the merget ever happened. Channels like Special X, On the Rocks, and XM Music Lab were fantastic, but they decided to replace them with more top 40 stations.

When I originally got XM, it was for all of those truly unique channels that I couldn't get anywhere else. I have stayed through the years for the talk channels and sports, but honestly I rarely spend much time on the music channels now.

The Village is a good channel for what it is, but it's just not my style. I'm all for more niche programming like what they offer though...unfortunately there are VERY few of those remaining. I keep waiting for them to axe the Underground Garage, because it's such a solid concept. I hope they don't though.

solorca

Reaction score
solorca - what other applications are you using to find them?

Droidlive is the one where I usually am able to find stuff. Just do a search for the program.

For the person who asked about Coast to Coast, it can be found on Radiotime, by the way.

D

davidjmorin

Bob

Well, it kind of differs...although I'll be honest and say that XM was going downhill before the merget ever happened. Channels like Special X, On the Rocks, and XM Music Lab were fantastic, but they decided to replace them with more top 40 stations.

When I originally got XM, it was for all of those truly unique channels that I couldn't get anywhere else. I have stayed through the years for the talk channels and sports, but honestly I rarely spend much time on the music channels now.

The Village is a good channel for what it is, but it's just not my style. I'm all for more niche programming like what they offer though...unfortunately there are VERY few of those remaining. I keep waiting for them to axe the Underground Garage, because it's such a solid concept. I hope they don't though.

anyone looking for a good app for music check out grooveshark. its awesoem

issues636

Reaction score
how is this app gonna work? seriously? i figured it'd be pretty simple.. but, i just don't get it. i mean, i understand how to work it. but. i just downloaded it on my ipod touch (i assumed they're gonna be relatively close to the same so i wanted to get used to it) and it's not the same as sirius. like...

i'm sitting in my car, and 80s on 8 in my car on my receiver, and 80s on 8 on my ipod touch are playing 2 completely different songs. i thought it was supposed to be the same?

**edit**
nevermind. just so everyone knows (incase you didn't already) the SiriusXM app for the ipod touch (i'm assuming it's gonna be the same for the android) is roughly a song behind a regular receiver, and is even a song behind regular sirius premium online streaming (going through the website).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.