BREAKING: Sirius/XM App coming in May

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
cderry

cderry

Reaction score
Also, it costs $3.95 to have the online Sirius/XM service...but all Sirius/XM users will get a 7-day free trial when the app goes live.

Is that $3.95 per month, or a one-time fee?

It's actually $2.95, and it's per month. Sirius made people that have the iPhone app pay the fee to get the online pass to use the app. That's what they're doing here. If you already listen online like from the Sirius website on your home computer, you're good to go.

FSTTYMS

Reaction score
So lame that they are charging an extra fee to stream off the internet!! I have been a sirius subscriber since day 1 is Socal. I have the portable sirius receiver. I have been *****ing about it since I bought it. Constantly drops the wifi signal. You NEED to plug in an antenna to get reception through the satellite signal. Now they can finally stream music through your phone, and they want to charge you more. Greedy mofo's!!

texasPI

Reaction score
So lame that they are charging an extra fee to stream off the internet!! I have been a sirius subscriber since day 1 is Socal. I have the portable sirius receiver. I have been *****ing about it since I bought it. Constantly drops the wifi signal. You NEED to plug in an antenna to get reception through the satellite signal. Now they can finally stream music through your phone, and they want to charge you more. Greedy mofo's!!

Let us not forget the music royalty fee they started charging last year in addition to everything else. I've also been with them since the beginning and I'm just ready to dump them. Problem is I have all this crap (boomboxes, home kits, etc.) that will go to waste. I'm too lazy to sell them...

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you already listen online like from the Sirius website on your home computer, you're good to go.

Internet streaming from their website was free until about a year ago. They've been phasing in the $2.95/month for PC-listening as well as iphone app.

schellbl

Reaction score
Is it just me or have they taken Howard off both CherryR and Xiaalive? I can't find anything out there searching for Howard. Everyone else see that?

OP
cderry

cderry

Reaction score
If you already listen online like from the Sirius website on your home computer, you're good to go.

Internet streaming from their website was free until about a year ago. They've been phasing in the $2.95/month for PC-listening as well as iphone app.

I hear ya...I've been a Sirius subscriber for at least 5 years and they like to pull crap like this occasionally. I'm a good little consumer though (in their eyes), I take it and roll with it.

MJ5150

Reaction score
Yes. He used to be just one of like 6 people on Tony Hawk's show, but he was by far the funniest one so they gave him his own radio show. He's been at it for over 2 years on his own now and it's radio gold.

Tight. I'm totally going to tune it in. Thanks for the heads up.

-Mike

OP
cderry

cderry

Reaction score
I've used the iPhone Sirius/XM app and it cuts out constantly. I hope this app holds up more to the network.

brando56894

Reaction score
I sent them an email a few days ago asking if they had any plans on releasing an android app and the rep said she didnt know and would pass it on to the appropriate department (i threatened to cancel my $200/year subscription if they didnt put one out soon) and a few days later I saw this announcement. Coincidence?

Too bad Im canceling anyway since slacker is way better.

OP
cderry

cderry

Reaction score
Too bad Im canceling anyway since slacker is way better.

No one is arguing that Slacker, IheartRadio, or Pandora aren't good options if all you care about is music. Like I said, I like Sirius for my Ellis Show. Opie & Anthony aren't bad either. Also, I recommend you check out Sirius Channel 14 "Classic Vinyl". It's all the early years of classic rock: Beatles, The Who, Pink Floyd, Rolling Stones, The Eagles, Led Zeppelin, and Lynyrd Skynyrd.

snappingfish

Reaction score
and what about 164? Classic radio. Dragnet, the Shadow...(the Shadow knows-bwaa haa haa) and all of the great oldie radio series!

OP
cderry

cderry

Reaction score
and what about 164? Classic radio. Dragnet, the Shadow...(the Shadow knows-bwaa haa haa) and all of the great oldie radio series!

My favorites:
- 001: Hits 1 (Top 40)
- 002: The Blend (Soft Hits)
- 008: 80s on 8
- 009: 90s on 9
- 012: The pulse (2000's and today)
- 014: Classic Vinyl (early classic rock)
- 028: Faction (Punk Rock, plus Ellis Show weekdays at 2pm CST)
- 809: Cinemgaic (Movie soundtracks, like Indiana Jones and Star Wars)

Here's the full list of stations:
List of Sirius Satellite Radio stations - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Phreaker47

Reaction score
Question: can apps, in general, be easily or semi-easily reverse engineered / modified? Heh... you guys know why I ask.

cb2000a

Reaction score
Why would I pay for this when there is a great app (A Online Radio) available for free in the marketplace. I can listen to stations all over the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.