Blue Energy Theme for FROYO (Android 2.2)

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
Version 1.0.5.2

Screenshots:

device.png
device1.png
device3.png
device.png
device5.png
Awesome shots! Thanks. I'll prolly use the SG themed widgets and a few of those awesome notbar icons. Great job!

kook

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I just wipe with new ROMs, not new themes....:)

jasonppp

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I just wipe with new ROMs, not new themes....:)

yea that sums it up but if you change kernel dont wipe will get stuck in a boot loop atleast in bb

Last edited:

gospursgo2002

Reaction score
Yeah ill edit that up there, i only wipe for the bb.4, but i install each file individually and reboot each time. I also do it manually in clockwork recovery, i dont do the (install from sd card option) in the actual phone gui, only in the actual recovery.

OP
roberj13

roberj13

Reaction score
roberj13 - fsrbiker pointed me in your direction, I'm not much of a theme person, but I really like what you've done - I wanted to ask your permission to include any themes you've ported to my Simply Stunning ROM on my Rom Manager page as options - beautiful work! :)

Thanks! I saw the post fsrbiker posted, I had ported it to 4.1 but hadn't decided to port to 4.2 yet but I will, I have them all up on rom manager but you can put it on your page too if you want.

PM me I have a couple questions.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

techwizard08

Reaction score
I don't get it. Followed the instructions above, and it just booted back into BB normally...

On a side note, as I was installing setcpu, it said it didn't detect root access...how do I check to make sure I still have root access?

OP
roberj13

roberj13

Reaction score
I installed bbv.4 then dexoxed blue energy, then ss battery icon. All through clockwork and it got stuck on droid emblem. So i just wiped and installed bbv.4 everything works fine but what is the proper way to install this theme and battery icon? Seems a few people are having the same problem as i am.

Personally this is how i installed

Clean wipe for bb.4 (this is the only time I do a full wipe in this process)

restarted, then booted into clockwork recov

once i was booted in i did a nandroid backup, then installed my custom kernel, then rebooted

when my phone rebooted, went into clockwork, and rebooted to clockwork

then i installed blue energy. restarted, and did the same steps above with each separate file (hex, ss bat, and a couple of other things)

My way takes more time, but I've experienced issues for some reason, installing the rom from SD card option when I'm on my phone (i.e clockwork gui). So now I always just reboot to clockwork and install from there. i do each file individually and restart each time, that way if something does go wrong i know exactly why. Mine does take longer, but it should work everytime.

^^^how I normally do it too.

chomorro

Reaction score
^^^ Your are correct worked perfectly. Just had to reboot after installing the theme, then install the battery icon and reboot again ;).

Love this theme its perfect for me.

gospursgo2002

Reaction score
I don't get it. Followed the instructions above, and it just booted back into BB normally...

On a side note, as I was installing setcpu, it said it didn't detect root access...how do I check to make sure I still have root access?

Check to see if you have rom manager, if you get the same error then you lost root access somehow. Easiest way I can see that happening is if you recovered into a non rooted version of your phone.

gospursgo2002

Reaction score
I installed bbv.4 then dexoxed blue energy, then ss battery icon. All through clockwork and it got stuck on droid emblem. So i just wiped and installed bbv.4 everything works fine but what is the proper way to install this theme and battery icon? Seems a few people are having the same problem as i am.

Personally this is how i installed

Clean wipe for bb.4 (this is the only time I do a full wipe in this process)

restarted, then booted into clockwork recov

once i was booted in i did a nandroid backup, then installed my custom kernel, then rebooted

when my phone rebooted, went into clockwork, and rebooted to clockwork

then i installed blue energy. restarted, and did the same steps above with each separate file (hex, ss bat, and a couple of other things)

My way takes more time, but I've experienced issues for some reason, installing the rom from SD card option when I'm on my phone (i.e clockwork gui). So now I always just reboot to clockwork and install from there. i do each file individually and restart each time, that way if something does go wrong i know exactly why. Mine does take longer, but it should work everytime.

^^^how I normally do it too.

Wow i feel so special now lol, anyway i really need to get of this forum and get back to work lawlz.

gospursgo2002

Reaction score
^^^ Your are correct worked perfectly. Just had to reboot after installing the theme, then install the battery icon and reboot again ;).

Love this theme its perfect for me.

glad i was able to help ok seriously back to work

OP
roberj13

roberj13

Reaction score

Open terminal and type su

As far as not applying the theme, first check how much room you have in /system if you have just a couple of mb left its not gonna fit..I am unsure of exactly how much space you need but just to be sure.

Also, did you use the install from sd thru rom manager. I don't know why but I have never been able to make that work, yet when I reboot into recovery it installs fine.

Also, what version of BB are you on

Which file did you download

jasonppp

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
hey rober i been playing with this a little bit today actually all morning and this is what i came up with

with clock theme:
do the bb install wipe
do chevys kernel wipe
your theme no wipe
chevy bat icon no wipe

without clock
no limitations can wipe thru all

i didnt know we was writing a wiki or i woulda added more words lol

RonsHome

Reaction score
Hello roberj13...
Do you have a version that might work with Ultimate Droid froyo extreme 2.0.
I believe it is built from source.
Thanks