blank screen after upgrading to Gingerbread

murfeezlaw

Reaction score
hey guys, i'm sorry if this is already posted somewhere or if this is in the wrong area. i'm kind of a newbie w the X. i just upgraded to Gingerbread from Froyo. it seemed like it was going smooth...it booted to my homescreen...sort of. it was non-responsive and faded to a black screen. now all i have is the notification bar up top.

any ideas?

OP
M

murfeezlaw

Reaction score
Nevermind i think i'm good. I had to do a battery pull. I restarted and now it's fine. So far so good

leonozug

Reaction score
Just remember on Gingerbread, to go to clockwork recovery you need the Droid 2 Bootstrap, not to Droid X one...just in case you didn't know...when I installed the first X Gingerbread leak in March I found that out. lol

OP
M

murfeezlaw

Reaction score
Just remember on Gingerbread, to go to clockwork recovery you need the Droid 2 Bootstrap, not to Droid X one...just in case you didn't know...when I installed the first X Gingerbread leak in March I found that out. lol

Thanks, this is going to sound very newbieish but what is Droid 2 Bootstrap and why would i want the Droid 2 and not the Droid X one?

CD95YJ

Reaction score
For whatever reason the D2 bootstrap has a bit different coding which works with gingerbread whereas the DX bootstrap does not. If you use the DX it will put you in a bootloop.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

surrendermonkee

Reaction score
I have the same exact problem but I've done two battery pulls and it keeps happening. Just the status bar at the top with the time it went blank.

Chuck_25

Reaction score
Same here! Why would they send me an update if it won't work?

bobAbooey

Reaction score
Same problem for me too. I took the ota and I got stuck looking at a blank screen. I just sbf'd back to froyo and I'm going to install the 2 files from P3.

Chuck_25

Reaction score
I had to do a clean wipe and reinstall everything. Sucks, really.

RockyDTMC

Reaction score
Same problem for me too. I took the ota and I got stuck looking at a blank screen. I just sbf'd back to froyo and I'm going to install the 2 files from P3.

I'm having the same problem. How did you sbf if the phone is not responding?

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb

Doesn't sounds as if the OP is rooted.