Boot animations with sound now working on Gingerbread!!

Casen

Reaction score
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Casen
Hey, I believe GB looks for sound files here
/system/media/audio/notifications/
. try re installing one of the original animations i made, then going into root explorer and make/move the "android.mp3" from /system/media to /system/media/audio/notifications/

IF YOU HAVE ONE OF MINE, OR SOMEONE ELSES WHO MADE IT INTO AN INSTALLABLE .ZIP DO NOT INSTALL IT. It wont break your phone, but it will just be a blank screen untill the phone is ready.

Basically the old install files (which i first made) had a file from the r2d2 /system/bin/ which enabled sound. If you put that file in GB it will not work.

Now its simple, just take the bootanimation.zip out of the file, and place in system/media. Then take android.mp3 and place it into /system/media/audio/notifications/.

Make sure nothing is in /data/local and BOOM new animation with sound.

If you previously had boot animations with sound on froyo, and upgraded to Gingerbread, you should notice that the sound and animations no longer work.

Well, thats because the sound is now supposed to be in a different spot
/system/media/audio/notifications/
Just put it there and the sound works again.

Later in this thread ill upload a few of mine, set up for gingerbread.

OP
Casen

Casen

Reaction score

jonwgee

Reaction score
Just flashes the rotten red apple
works flawlessly. Thanks for your efforts!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Augie757

Reaction score
not working on OG Droid running CM7, Rc4....help

I have a kick ass animation for boot up. nothing in data/local
placed android.mp3 in audio notifications as per your thread and still no sound?
even renamed android_audio.mp3 and tried still nadda .... ?

Last edited:

KHeeney5

Reaction score
not working on OG Droid running CM7, Rc4....help

I have a kick ass animation for boot up. nothing in data/local
placed android.mp3 in audio notifications as per your thread and still no sound?
even renamed android_audio.mp3 and tried still nadda .... ?

You are going to have to unzip the Bootanimation and edit the text file within it to call for the sound.

ShdwWolf

Reaction score
Still no....

I've tried all methods posted here and still no sound. I know I'm a relative n00b when it comes to modding and the like, but I can't be THAT dumb to not be able to get this. I've tried adb push with no luck; I've tried copying them over with a file manager with root access; I've tried flashing the zip with clockworkmod to no avail...I am left in a quandary...Help?

OP
Casen

Casen

Reaction score
I've tried all methods posted here and still no sound. I know I'm a relative n00b when it comes to modding and the like, but I can't be THAT dumb to not be able to get this. I've tried adb push with no luck; I've tried copying them over with a file manager with root access; I've tried flashing the zip with clockworkmod to no avail...I am left in a quandary...Help?

Ok, what file are you trying to use, what system are you running, and what's the problem

Sent from my DROIDX

ShdwWolf

Reaction score
CM7, boondockgingerbread.zip. When I try to install it through clockworkmod recovery, the entire process only take a few seconds and then it tells me it was successful. The only way I was able to get the animation to work was to copy the bootanimation.zip to /system/media and android.mp3 to /system/media/audio/notifications, but still no sound. Is there something special I have to do with desc.txt?

OP
Casen

Casen

Reaction score
CM7, boondockgingerbread.zip. When I try to install it through clockworkmod recovery, the entire process only take a few seconds and then it tells me it was successful. The only way I was able to get the animation to work was to copy the bootanimation.zip to /system/media and android.mp3 to /system/media/audio/notifications, but still no sound. Is there something special I have to do with desc.txt?

Is cm7 based off the gingerbread release, or is it froyo made to look like gingerbread.... ? Make a backup, then try the froyo one

Sent from my DROIDX

ShdwWolf

Reaction score
Gingerbread. I'll see what CM has to offer and get back to you.

ShdwWolf

Reaction score
So I flashed the last version of CM built on Froyo (6.1), installed the zip through recovery (which still only took a mere 3 seconds) and not only did it not have sound, but the stock animation didn't change at all. So I fired up trusty ADB and pushed the extracted bootanimation.zip and android.mp3 (renamed to android_audio.mp3 like Froyo likes) and although I got the animation, STILL no sound. What am I missing?

benbrown

Reaction score
So I flashed the last version of CM built on Froyo (6.1), installed the zip through recovery (which still only took a mere 3 seconds) and not only did it not have sound, but the stock animation didn't change at all. So I fired up trusty ADB and pushed the extracted bootanimation.zip and android.mp3 (renamed to android_audio.mp3 like Froyo likes) and although I got the animation, STILL no sound. What am I missing?

If it's anything like Froyo the desc.txt file should read something like this:

480 480 30

p 1 0 part0
s soundfilename.mp3

p 0 0 part1

I've found it neccessary to have the spaces in there in order for the sound to work. Also there is a bin file that needs to be flashed to Froyo, and other Froyo based roms that the boot sound doesn't work in, so that the sound works. I forget where I saw it. I think on the DroidX forum....here it is...I found it... Flash this in Clockwork if you're running Froyo based rom and make the neccessary changes to the desc.txt, put the sound file in System/Media and the bootanimation.zip file in Data/Local....make sure your desc.txt refers to the correctly named sound file...it can be named anything as long as the desc.txt refers to it correctly. Also you might have to delete the original bootanimation.zip file that is in System/Media....or at least rename it. Hope this helps!

Last edited:

ShdwWolf

Reaction score
Thank you very much for that, Ben. I have since switched back to CM7 (gingerbread) and have not tried to change the bootanimation as of yet. This is a fresh install, because I wanted to start from scratch. Shall I follow the original directions that came with this post, or go with the froyo directions you just submitted?