Gingerbread- Interesting issue

Fenway72

Reaction score
Not sure if this has been covered, but I just installed the Gingerbread "monster" rom thing, (I was rooted using 2.3.2) and it seemed to install fine. When it boots up now, it pops up an international data roaming window that has yes-no buttons at the bottom. Nothing happens when I press either. After the fone goes to sleep mode- the international roaming window is gone and all that can be seen is a black screen with the notification bar.

The notification bar at the top that shows: A triangle with an exclamation mark in it, The circular arrows that represent syncing (I think), A bunch of upright squiggly lines, Wi-Fi, a blue triangle, signal bars, and my batter gauge.

Other than that I have a black screen. Nothing else. No soft key buttons work (or at least nothing happens when they are pressed)

Just a Notification bar with the aforementioned icons, and a plain black screen.

is something wrong here?

BRAINFIRE

Reaction score
I've had a lot of weird issues with the gb leak.
I want it to work. Ive fought with it 2 times now.
sbf and try again?

ahC_hED

Reaction score
I would sfb to froyo, root, install d2 bootstrap, boot into clockwork, erase data/cache/davlik cache, and reinstall.

I haven't had a single issue on gb and been running it since it was first released.

Also, maybe try redownloading from alternate source and make sure its not one of the leaks for the DX, there's like 5 or 6 of them for the X.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

Last edited:

Oowoon

Reaction score
I would sfb to froyo, root, install d2 bootstrap, boot into clockwork, erase data/cache/davlik cache, and reinstall.

I haven't had a single issue on gb and been running it since it was first released.

Also, maybe try redownloading from alternate source and make sure its not one of the leaks for the DX, there's like 5 or 6 of them for the X.

I just went to gingerbread yesterday. It was easy to get to work. I used the droid 2 one from droid world that was pre-rooted.

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
^I would go ahead and grab the OTA update for .330 to. Dont think it will matter since this is a major update, but doesnt hurt to play it safe.