Bionic reception worse than OG droid at work office

meteoric

Reaction score
Jbg how does the call reception compare to your incredible. The reason I'm asking is I had the incredible in the past and it had way better cell reception than my thunderbolt, which is dropping calls all the time in BFE.

Anathema

Reaction score
Jbg how does the call reception compare to your incredible. The reason I'm asking is I had the incredible in the past and it had way better cell reception than my thunderbolt, which is dropping calls all the time in BFE.

Is it dropping calls/getting weak reception in 4g areas?

meteoric

Reaction score
It is dropping calls in areas where my incredible was not. The 4g has not been an issue when I am in a 4g area.

Anathema

Reaction score
It is dropping calls in areas where my incredible was not. The 4g has not been an issue when I am in a 4g area.

This is actually a pretty common problem with the bionic right now. Try maybe changing the setting in mobile networks to CDMA only when not in 4g areas. Then reboot your phone.

If that doesn't help anything, I would contact verizon, they already know about this.

Actually before contacting verizon, try this...

Turn off your phone
Take out your sim card
Reboot phone (turn back on, wait a min, turn back off)
Put Sim card back in

Now, if you call *228 you should see a prompt "Verizon wireless sim card has activated service and updated your phones roaming capabilities".

If that doesn't help anything, just contact verizon I suppose.

Last edited:

jbg

Reaction score
Did you manually do anything from the time you would lose signal to the point where it became strong and consistent (Including even a basic reboot)? Also, was the costco located in denver or did you buy it online? Did the costco have 4g service?

Yes I'm sure I have rebooted the phone. Also I re-enabled LTE since turning it off since having it off didn't make much of a difference. I'm not sure the exact order I did those things in. I did buy the phone in a Costco store in the Denver area. 4G was available there and if I recall correctly signal strength was not very strong at the time although I didn't really spend much time in the store once I got the phone. I've added a lot of my old apps, added widgets and modified screens, etc. but I doubt if those things would affect this.

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
At work my d1 dx had spotty 3g coverage around 1mbps now im getting 10mbps in half the building... what a huge improvement... my bionic is also lasting more hours then both those phones... 4g brought peace to my mind.. i was tired of bringing a charger everyday

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

wanta99gtr

Reaction score
I have noticed that I never have a full strength signal on lte. It usually hovers at one our two bars. Sometimes dipping down to 1x. I guess it will improve as lte is expanded. At least
I hope. Cincinnati

deek

Reaction score
My work is in a metal building, so that doesnt help me signal wise to begin with. The particular area my work in is below average to begin with. My DX had slightly better coverage than my bionic. I am hoping LTE 4G which should be up & running by the 15th will help. My main problem is it seems my phone is fighting the signal
from Verizon & extended network..

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
My work is in a metal building, so that doesnt help me signal wise to begin with. The particular area my work in is below average to begin with. My DX had slightly better coverage than my bionic. I am hoping LTE 4G which should be up & running by the 15th will help. My main problem is it seems my phone is fighting the signal
from Verizon & extended network..

Same set up... electrical panels and generators dont help either... im in NY which helps immensely but 4g goes where 3g didnt

deek

Reaction score
Same set up... electrical panels and generators dont help either... im in NY which helps immensely but 4g goes where 3g didnt

Good to hear 4G helped for you. I am also surrounded by a lot of elecronic components. My work puts electric components on boards..

TimeChuck

Reaction score
They activated the 4th G in the city close to me today, and I've had no 3g problems since. My battery is even shaping up.

sent from my awesome box

nalgon

Reaction score
I have a charge and bionic rite now and my charge has 3 to 4 bars on 4g. The bionic has one bar on 4g.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using DroidForums

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have a charge and bionic rite now and my charge has 3 to 4 bars on 4g. The bionic has one bar on 4g.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using DroidForums

About phone>phone status and compare signal strength

biglu

Reaction score
after reading all this i decided to pull the battery out and pull the sim card. the phone restarted with a 3G signal that went from white bars to blue bars but ever since i got the phone, it constantly loses signal altogether and i can't use the data connection. i shut the phone off and restart it but this can't solution for a high end phone. it's frustrating coming from a droid x that was good consistant phone.