Bionic reception worse than OG droid at work office

dparm

Reaction score
So I have been monitoring my Settings>About>Status> Mobile Network State and it is always "disconnected" while in my office and I have a signal dB fluxuating around -70 to -80 also it says mobile network type is CDMA -eHRPD. I seem to not be able to even get a 1x data connection. Now when I sent a test text it acutally changes to connecting and the signal boost up and changes to "Connecting". Does the Bionic throttle the connection to say battery if its not being used? I would just be a lot happier if I constantly had 1x reported in my office.

What are the chances that any other phones will have better or worse radios? I thought motorola always had better connections/reception than say Samsung or HTC, what are you alls thoughts on that?

Thanks

Motorola does not have better radios than anyone else. They may choose to prioritize antenna design but it's not like every Motorola ever made is better than every Samsung. That is just fanboy-ism and narrow-mindedness at its best.

GBH2

Reaction score
Motorola does not have better radios than anyone else. They may choose to prioritize antenna design but it's not like every Motorola ever made is better than every Samsung. That is just fanboy-ism and narrow-mindedness at its best.

Agreed, as far as how you stated your point, But, anyone who doesn't believe that, as a general rule. Motorola phones get better reception than HTC, Samsung phones is just deluding themselves and most likely practicing "fanboy-ism and narrow-mindedness" in favor of a manufacturer other than Motorola.

DessoThumbs

Reaction score
I get only 3g at my house, although the rep from vz.com told me there's 4g in my area and the verizon map shows my neighborhood as 4g.

anything to attract business, I guess.

what's the number to call to try and improve your cell phones connection? sorry, I forgot. TIA

Cowpoke

Reaction score
I get only 3g at my house, although the rep from vz.com told me there's 4g in my area and the verizon map shows my neighborhood as 4g.

anything to attract business, I guess.

what's the number to call to try and improve your cell phones connection? sorry, I forgot. TIA

Are you referring to the *228 prl number? That doesn't work with LTE phones (I tried the same thing, the call will not go through)

robertchen

Reaction score
I exchanged the phone last night and other than the hassle of returning, it was definitely worth the exchange. Unfortunately I had to return the accessories in the bundle to Costco, but I worked out a deal with the sales rep at the Verizon store and got a few accessories for a discounted price. The phone reception seems stronger than my other Bionic and I now have no problems recommending this phone to anyone. Did you resolve your issues?

babydaddy1974

Reaction score
Go to settings. Administrator. And check the box next to admin notifier and then check your reception. Mine went from no signal in the office to 3g with 4 bars.

GBH2

Reaction score
Sorry. Its under location and security.

This is the first I have heard of this. It performs a "hard" reset on your phone (wipes all data on phone).

Can you explain what this does and why it helps with reception?

babydaddy1974

Reaction score
Mine didn't do a hard reset. I checked the box then it told me what checking the box affected then I closed out of settings. After that I had a great signal. The only thing that should do a hard reset is if you click on factory reset.

OP
E

escthehack

Reaction score
Can someone give us all more information on what this Administrator Notify does? I would like to know what its for, I will try it after lunch. Has anyone else gotten better signal reception after doing this little trick?

Thanks for all the help!

OP
E

escthehack

Reaction score
This looks like the settings that allow exchange e-mail servers to wipe your phone (potential security hole?), I don't see how it would have any correlation to improved signal strength.

jbg

Reaction score
I am, or was, having similar issues. I got my Bionic on the 8th. For the first couple of days signal strength was terrible. At least half a dozen times I got a message that I had no network connection. Turning off LTE made no difference. I turned on my old phone (Droid Incredible) and it showed a similar poor signal strength. This poor signal strength showed up in multiple locations. Then for the last three days signal strength has been at or near full bars no matter where I traveled (around Denver). This may not make sense but I'm wondering if this wasn't a Verizon issue somehow. At home where I previously lost the signal several times I now consistently get full bars at 4G. Like another poster I did get my phone from Costco but I find it hard to believe that Costco phones would be any different from phones purchased directly from Verizon. I'm hoping this problem doesn't return because I really like this phone and don't want to return it.

Anathema

Reaction score
I am, or was, having similar issues. I got my Bionic on the 8th. For the first couple of days signal strength was terrible. At least half a dozen times I got a message that I had no network connection. Turning off LTE made no difference. I turned on my old phone (Droid Incredible) and it showed a similar poor signal strength. This poor signal strength showed up in multiple locations. Then for the last three days signal strength has been at or near full bars no matter where I traveled (around Denver). This may not make sense but I'm wondering if this wasn't a Verizon issue somehow. At home where I previously lost the signal several times I now consistently get full bars at 4G. Like another poster I did get my phone from Costco but I find it hard to believe that Costco phones would be any different from phones purchased directly from Verizon. I'm hoping this problem doesn't return because I really like this phone and don't want to return it.

Did you manually do anything from the time you would lose signal to the point where it became strong and consistent (Including even a basic reboot)? Also, was the costco located in denver or did you buy it online? Did the costco have 4g service?