Reception problems

Slider11

Reaction score
So I live outside a rural town, probably the worst place to live.. anyways, the 3g reception before has been great. Now, I notice that there are spots in my house where it will suddenly drop all reception, and come back with 0-1 bars on 1x. The 3g I get is 3-4 bars. The 3g tower is also a good 10-15 miles away. The 1x tower is even farther.. I am currently under Verizon's "Network Optimization", could that have anything for to do with how the reception is dropping? Thanks

OP
S

Slider11

Reaction score
Also, I had one more question.. with Verizon removing the ability to get grandfathered into unlimited 4g, can I still do that, or is it already too late?

harlock

Reaction score
Hey, I found your thread on this, and wanted you to know that I've been experiencing the same. My reception has gotten so bad now I've started getting on the forums to see who else may be experiencing the same. You're describing what I've noticed too - first 3G seemed to be getting really spotty, then more and more 1X started showing up, and now I get mostly 1X, and very little bars. When I go to make a call the bars disappear entirely, thus not allowing me to make a call. Grrr. It's frustrating.

OP
S

Slider11

Reaction score
Hey, I found your thread on this, and wanted you to know that I've been experiencing the same. My reception has gotten so bad now I've started getting on the forums to see who else may be experiencing the same. You're describing what I've noticed too - first 3G seemed to be getting really spotty, then more and more 1X started showing up, and now I get mostly 1X, and very little bars. When I go to make a call the bars disappear entirely, thus not allowing me to make a call. Grrr. It's frustrating.

Glad to see i'm not the only one. As of now, it has gotten to the point that if my phone is idle for ~5minutes, It drops all service completely and takes 10-15 minutes to regain service. Takes me atleast 10 minutes to send a single text with service, and calls are just a joke now.

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
So I live outside a rural town, probably the worst place to live.. anyways, the 3g reception before has been great. Now, I notice that there are spots in my house where it will suddenly drop all reception, and come back with 0-1 bars on 1x. The 3g I get is 3-4 bars. The 3g tower is also a good 10-15 miles away. The 1x tower is even farther.. I am currently under Verizon's "Network Optimization", could that have anything for to do with how the reception is dropping? Thanks

network optimization, in a nutshell your being throttled. during peak usage you get the lowest priority on the tower until your cycle renews.

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
Also, I had one more question.. with Verizon removing the ability to get grandfathered into unlimited 4g, can I still do that, or is it already too late?

too late unless you buy the phone outright of off ebay etc.