Bionic Lapdock now $50 at Verizon

Speeding Wheels

Reaction score
does anyone have any tips or tricks for the lapdock? i temporarily received an ipad3 as a gift, although i wound up returning it because i couldnt picture what i'd use it for other than surfing facebook. at that price, it seemed too expensive of a toy to keep.

this bionic lapdock seems to be the same exact thing, only slower (but also a ton cheaper). what sorts of things are you guys using it for? if i can find it for $50 (and if i can find 1 or 2 good uses for it), i might jump

It's like having a mini-laptop with 4G built in.
No need to search for WiFi... just dock the phone and you're good to go.

Granted, you're not going to play Starcraft or World of Warcraft on it, but for $50 would you expect to?

landon418

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
does anyone have any tips or tricks for the lapdock? i temporarily received an ipad3 as a gift, although i wound up returning it because i couldnt picture what i'd use it for other than surfing facebook. at that price, it seemed too expensive of a toy to keep.

this bionic lapdock seems to be the same exact thing, only slower (but also a ton cheaper). what sorts of things are you guys using it for? if i can find it for $50 (and if i can find 1 or 2 good uses for it), i might jump

Once you get it, right off the bat use the webuntu mod, it gives you a fool linux desktop.
You can then use synaptic package manager to install applicationd or even run windows with virtual box or use WINE to run windows file extentions.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vink70

Reaction score
Anyone have any local still in Verizon for $50 ?

Last edited by a moderator:

walkerstempe

Reaction score
Slow web browser, constant memory usage errors. Glad it was only fifty bucks, since cheap price hype happiness wore off after a couple of days.

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
ok guys we don't mind you asking for VZW stores selling the Lapdocks . but please don't post in forums asking to buy another members . or trying to sell yours.

thanks
justin82

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Is there anything that you dont like about it? What are its biggest flaws?

No real problems other than since I don't own a laptop so I'm not used to carrying it around. I prefer to use it with a mouse. I don't use the lapdock at home as I don't have a good data connection, but at my parents it works fine. The battery is supposed to last 5 hours, but the only battery gauge is the button on the front. I plan to take it to ComicCon and use it while waiting in line.

At full price I wouldn't have gotten it, at $80 I was tempted, but when they posted it was $50 it was a case of "Get It, Or Forget It."

ok guys we don't mind you asking for VZW stores selling the Lapdocks . but please don't post in forums asking to buy another members . or trying to sell yours.

thanks
justin82

Sorry, didn't want to create a problem. More of a joke, really. One person complaining about theirs followed by someone wanting one.

Last edited:

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Typing is laggy, especially if you need to use backspace. There have been memory errors and the lap dock lags. The size and weight are nice.

Its OK for $50. Any more and it would have been not worth it.

Stewinashoe

Reaction score
Bionic_Racer said:

For the hardware my only real complaint is the space bar. You have to either press it directly in the middle or give it a good whack with your thumb. As for the software, I started out stock. It was okay but couldn't really do much more than use firefox and if I had too many tabs open I'd get low memory warnings and eventually firefox would crash. Then I did the webuntu mod. It added a lot more functionality and made it a bit quicker, but it was still pretty laggy. Now with the recent ics leak installed it is pretty awesome. When docked, it switches to the ics tablet interface. There is no lag or low memory warnings now because it just switches the ui instead of running a separate full os on top of android like before.

Bottom line: if you are still running gingerbread it'll work for you as long as you don't expect too much from it. If you are running ics it's a no-brainer.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Unless you can get it for $50 or less for the 100, or the 500 goes way down, I'd just put the money towards a laptop

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yea good advice. These original lapdocks are still in high demand, people are buying them on ebay for 80+.

I mainly wanted one because i dont have a laptop and figured this would be a cheap substitute. Oh well i guess im gonna have to live the rest of my life with no lapdock : (

If you're trying to use this as a cheap laptop substitute, you'll be disappointed. That's what I was trying to do.

If you just want something to web browse and that's it, then you'll like it.