1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Happy Birthday Bionic

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid Bionic' started by TatDroid, Sep 8, 2013.

1. TatDroid

TatDroid Active Member

The Bionic was released two years ago today! I got mine on release day. Remember all the hype? And all the early network problems with data drops? Seems so long ago. I still have mine. It's awesome now. And with a $50 lapdock it's versatile as hell. Anyone else out there still hanging on?
  2. brroid

brroid New Member

Still happy with mine, and I bought a backup Bionic on eBay. I'm not going to give up my Lapdock and car dock.
  3. Hugh Jass

Hugh Jass Well-Known Member

Mine died on vacation, but I still have it. Can't seem to stomach throwing it away. =-/
  4. SFGate

SFGate New Member

For some reason, it seems to have been way longer than two years! :huh:
  5. tgyberg

tgyberg Well-Known Member

I got one 4 days after the release date. I was so excited to get a dual core phone! What I remember most was the insane troll invasion that happened here over the next 30 - 45 days. Man that was nuts!
  6. Hugh Jass

Yea, I never had the issues of the majority on the bionic, it was pretty crazy.
  7. tgyberg

tgyberg Well-Known Member

Mine was pretty much perfect as well. I really miss being able to see the display so well in the sun!
  8. Hugh Jass

My sentiments precisely, however according to reviewers the LGG2 has great visibility in the sunlight due to its brightness set at 450nit, or 150nit brighter than the GS4.
  9. aaf709

aaf709 Nice Guy Premium Member

I got mine on the 12th, 3 days after the release. While I enjoyed having it, I'll be letting it go in 14th.
  10. Mike.757

Mike.757 Well-Known Member

Got mine a few days after release. I since moved on to a S3 but my bionic as an alarm clock!
  11. deduct

deduct New Member

I bought mine on release day as well. It stopped working a little over a year from that day. Bought an asurion bionic for $100. But, shortly after that found a maxx on Craig's. My son still uses the bionic for his games. Mainly minecraft. ;)
  12. jhom

jhom Member

As a birthday present to my Bionic, I gave it an FDR yesterday. It is now happy as a clam.
  13. TatDroid

TatDroid Active Member

Yes, I resisted doing a FDR for about 18 months, despite multiple OS updates. Finally did one about 6 months ago. Don't know why I waited so long!
  14. moneyfornothing

moneyfornothing New Member

I got mine on release day. Wasn't planning on it. My X bricked the night before for no reason. The data drops were horrible. After gingerbread the phone lagged horrible. I hated it....got the Note 2 and haven't looked back. Overall, the Bionic was a disappointment for me. Mine sits in a drawer as a backup.
  15. Suuperflie

Suuperflie New Member

Bought mine on release day and its still running strong. Stock and rooted and i clear cache and dalvic about every 3 months and do an FDR about every six and its still just as snappy as day one.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums
  16. b00mb00mchuck

b00mb00mchuck New Member

I stuck with it... ended up getting a Nexus 7 tablet last year to fulfill all my rooting and romming addictions so my phone wasn't my only android device anymore... this thing has really stood up over the years I must say... I have the side-leg cell phone pocket on all my pants (never buy a pair without one) and that pocket has been the reason why my Bionic remains perfect... I mean absolutely spotless without a scratch... I had my lapdock die on me right at the end of warranty and couldn't be repaired so they sent me a brand new one last September 11th... so it's in tip top shape also... I've got two extended batteries that I swap on weekends and they both give me awesome screen time and I still use my HD media dock with remote control all the time... I remember all the problems we had in the beginning but overall this phone has been very reliable (once I stopped taking it so seriously as a hacker device, that helped a lot)

I've relly been eyeballing the galaxy note 3 as my next toy but i've become pretty attached to this damn thing... i'll miss bringing my lapdock along and seeing the looks on peoples faces when I snap in the phone and pop out the bluetooth mouse and beats pill for a full Dunkin Donuts - table top media session... life goes on I guess
Search tags for this page

bionic happy heul