Bionic Lapdock now $50 at Verizon

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid Bionic' started by CurGeorge8, May 30, 2012.

1. CurGeorge8

CurGeorge8 New Member

The Bionic Lapdock is now $50, brand new, through Verizon. Picked mine up yesterday.

View attachment 50523
  2. smalltowngirl13

smalltowngirl13 DF Administrator Staff Member

Great info!

I noticed that they are showing "out of stock" online so must be limited to stock in stores...

Price online is showing as $49.97 but just is "out of stock"...
  3. Dave12308

Dave12308 New Member

Wow, the screen is probably worth more than that! Of course next time I have an extra $50 laying around they will probably be sold out. Wouldn't mind picking one of these up since I hear the Webtop 3.0 in the upcoming ICS is actually worth using.
  4. CurGeorge8

CurGeorge8 New Member

This is honestly the only reason I got one.
  5. DroidFarmerBill

DroidFarmerBill New Member

just called the store, they put it on hold. im so happy!!!!!! can't wait to go get it later today!!!
  6. BLeClair12

BLeClair12 New Member

Damn. Great price, would have picked one up for sure. Not a single one in stock within 500 miles of me, I just got off the phone with Verizon.

I wonder, though, when they check stock like that, does that include the authorized retailers too? Or just corporate operated locations?
  7. CurGeorge8

CurGeorge8 New Member

It is just the corporate stores, but the authorized agents might not be offering the same pricing.
  8. aaf709

aaf709 Nice Guy Premium Member

I live in San Diego, CA and just called the Verizon store near me. They had it in stock, but the cost was $199.97. It was a corporate store, based on the store locator. Then I called another store and they had it at $49.97 (which they held for me).

Thank you OP for posting this.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums
    Last edited: May 30, 2012
  9. gsDroid

gsDroid New Member

Thank you OP. I just called the closest Verizon store to me and they said the price was $199. I told him I was looking at the Verizon website having done a search for bionic lapdock and it shows $49.97. He went there and sure enough, gave me that price on the last one in stock. I picked it up and definitely see the value. Just think, you can get a new Bionic for free and a lapdock for $50. Insane bargain.
  10. BLeClair12

BLeClair12 New Member

Man, crazy people are still finding these. I've called all the authorized retailers in my area as well, no one has this thing. Anyone have any idea if Radioshack or Wal-Mart ever carried them? Those are the only two places I haven't tried.
  11. 3sweeties

3sweeties Member

a potential score!
    Hubby is just miles away from a store that had one left. Clerk said" You are kidding me! $50. I assure you no one knows about this and said he would hold and hide it!" I hope it is there when hubs gets there!
  12. YAGERMEISTER

YAGERMEISTER New Member

Does the bionic lapdock work with the RAZR unmodified?
  13. urphonesux

urphonesux New Member

as a heads up!

VZW customer service says they cant find the lapdocks in their system anymore.
    SO DONT ASK THEM
    I got mine yesterday by calling around to ALL of the corporate stores and asking if it was in stock and then casually mentioning that it was 50$ now.
    no issues and he held mine for an hr
  14. TatDroid

TatDroid Active Member

I picked mine up today at the Verizon store on Boylston St in Boston. They still had a few left at 2:00PM today.
  15. bluezdawg

bluezdawg New Member

Scooooore! Just found one at the Boulder store... will even honor my corporate discount :) just want it to watch some Netflix & Slingbox! Thank goodness for unlimited data. May be interesting with Webtop 3.0 & ICS should it occur.

Also, thanks to the OP on this one!

Sent from my butt-kick'n DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk2
    Last edited: May 30, 2012
  16. Thefistoflove

Thefistoflove New Member

Just called my closest store, they have 3 in stock and are holding one for me. I didn't think about my discount but I'll be sure to bring that up when I go get mine. Man am I happy I drop by the forums today.
  17. killer_bee

killer_bee New Member

You never call them up directly... Because the greedy store workers will lie and buy it for themselves.
  18. BLeClair12

BLeClair12 New Member

Got one! With a neat little story to boot.

As I posted earlier, I called my local corporate store and they said not only did they have none, but there were none within 500 miles. Come to find out later, of course, this is simply because they can't look up stock. Once I found that out, I called the corporate store about twenty minutes from me. They didn't have any either.

I had pretty much given up all hope, but when I got home from work, I remembered that my dad was up north for the night for work. I looked up the area, and found that there was one Verizon corporate store up there (this town literally extends the furthest reaches of Verizon's US coverage, it's just miles from the Canadian border). Gave them a call, and after about twenty minutes of research, the guy working called me back and told me he did, in fact, have two out back. I had them bill it to my account and my dad went and picked it up for me on his way to his hotel.

About a half hour later, the guy I spoke to from the local store called me back and said he found just one out back and he had set it aside for me. Needless to say, I went through the whole process with the other store for nothing, as I could have gotten it right here anyway, but oh well. Nice of the guy to call back instead of keeping it for himself or another employee, I thanked him for thinking of me and calling back and explained to him what I had done.

Granted, the work on commission and he was just trying to make the sale, but regardless, it was a nice gesture. Will have one of these things in my hands tomorrow!
  19. bluezdawg

bluezdawg New Member

The Verizon store in Boulder had 3 left. I bought 1 and they are holding the other 2 till end of business tomorrow for two of my work colleagues. Using the lapdock now, takes some getting use to (although I am using it on my lap in a recliner ;-)

20. bluezdawg

bluezdawg New Member

Btw, the lapdock definitely works with the extended battery. Looks like once the lapdock is charged, it will keep you phone battery charge

Search tags for this page

bionic lapdock

buy the droid bionic lapdock for $50.00
driod bionic
droid bionic clearance

droid bionic lapdock

droid bionic lapdock charger plug
droid bionic lapdock price
for thunderbolt to bionic lapdock
how to use flashdrive with droid bionic
htc thunderbolt lapdock