bigkiller?

ricks

Reaction score
I got rid of all app killers and tried "bigkiller" app and seems to be a good app to save battery for me. I charged my battery yesterday at 6 o-clock and played with the Droid a bunch of times and the battery level stayed at 100%. This morning playing with the Droid at 9:30 this morning it is at 90%. So far so good for me.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I got rid of all app killers and tried "bigkiller" app and seems to be a good app to save battery for me. I charged my battery yesterday at 6 o-clock and played with the Droid a bunch of times and the battery level stayed at 100%. This morning playing with the Droid at 9:30 this morning it is at 90%. So far so good for me.

Well, I'm against any kind of auto killing app to be honest with you. I don't see how it saves battery because apps in the background simply don't use any battery and you can see that in your about phone/battery usage. However since my Droid is upstairs charging right now I'll take a look. That's a pretty large claim you're making for a Droid to have only used 10% of its' battery in a 24 hour period. Still I'll be fair and check it out asap.

OP
ricks

ricks

Reaction score

Well, I'm against any kind of auto killing app to be honest with you. I don't see how it saves battery because apps in the background simply don't use any battery and you can see that in your about phone/battery usage. However since my Droid is upstairs charging right now I'll take a look. That's a pretty large claim you're making for a Droid to have only used 10% of its' battery in a 24 hour period. Still I'll be fair and check it out asap.

It has not been 24 hours. I charged it at 6 pm yesterday and at 9:30 this morning it is at 90%. It was a 15 hour period so far.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score

Wow! An app that repeals the laws of physics. I'm impressed. If you are using your phone, it is using the battery. Unless your task killer is turning off your phone, either you aren't using the phone or your battery monitor is lying to you.

OP
ricks

ricks

Reaction score

Wow! An app that repeals the laws of physics. I'm impressed. If you are using your phone, it is using the battery. Unless your task killer is turning off your phone, either you aren't using the phone or your battery monitor is lying to you.

That is what I keep thinking. I will keep it using it until the battery dies.

Darkseider

Reaction score
I agree with jsh1120. 15 hours of standby and only using 10% is quite a feat if true. Hell that being said I would like to know if they battery itself would lose 5% - 10% of a full charge just being on a table and not in the phone itself. My money is on something is lying you about battery life/time left. Something is definitely amiss.

OP
ricks

ricks

Reaction score
I agree with jsh1120. 15 hours of standby and only using 10% is quite a feat if true. Hell that being said I would like to know if they battery itself would lose 5% - 10% of a full charge just being on a table and not in the phone itself. My money is on something is lying you about battery life/time left. Something is definitely amiss.

That is where Im at, Its 10:40 AM and still at 90%.

JoeKacz

Reaction score
Any chance this thing is in airplane mode? I have to believe that, at the very least, gps, sync, and wifi are turned off. I can almost see this as plausible with light usage if there's no data and the screen is at its darkest setting, but even then it's fishy.

OP
ricks

ricks

Reaction score
Any chance this thing is in airplane mode? I have to believe that, at the very least, gps, sync, and wifi are turned off. I can almost see this as plausible with light usage if there's no data and the screen is at its darkest setting, but even then it's fishy.

No airplane. Everything is mostly killed and it was lightly used, a little e-mail, facebook, a few short games thats about it. I am surprised with how much battery I have left. And I dont like fish

Skaggz

Reaction score
Lightly used? In your first post you stated that you "played with the Droid a bunch of times." Which is it? Where exactly are you gitting your 90% figure from? If you're using a battery level widget, it has been killed by your miracle app you have there.

But then again, you you believe that killing processes that use little to absolutly no system resources at all can give you unbelievable battery life, more power to you.

OP
ricks

ricks

Reaction score
Lightly used? In your first post you stated that you "played with the Droid a bunch of times." Which is it? Where exactly are you gitting your 90% figure from? If you're using a battery level widget, it has been killed by your miracle app you have there.

But then again, you you believe that killing processes that use little to absolutly no system resources at all can give you unbelievable battery life, more power to you.

Yes a bunch of times, How much a bunch of times to me light use. I checked e-mail 2 times, facebook 3 times, took a picture of bird **** on my car with a bug in the middle, made 3 calls, put 2 pictures on my contacts list and played a stupid game 3 times since 6 PM yesterday The battery level is checked with the phones battery status. It is now at 80%. I dont care if anyone believes me. Im sure someone will try it and see how it works and I just hope it works for them and they post it here.

JoeKacz

Reaction score
Yes a bunch of times, How much a bunch of times to me light use. I checked e-mail 2 times, facebook 3 times, took a picture of bird **** on my car with a bug in the middle, made 3 calls, put 2 pictures on my contacts list and played a stupid game 3 times since 6 PM yesterday The battery level is checked with the phones battery status. It is now at 80%. I dont care if anyone believes me. Im sure someone will try it and see how it works and I just hope it works for them and they post it here.

Can you confirm your settings? Wifi, bluetooth, GPS, Sync, screen brightness, etc? Also, do you have any widgets or anything running that would be constantly pulling information from the Internet?

OP
ricks

ricks

Reaction score

Can you confirm your settings? Wifi, bluetooth, GPS, Sync, screen brightness, etc? Also, do you have any widgets or anything running that would be constantly pulling information from the Internet?

I have everything off, wifi, bluetooth, gps all off. Screen brightness is at 50%

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
Big killer is not an AUTOMATED task killer. You run it manually whenever you want. This makes sense if you use crappy apps that hang and need killing. With well-designed apps this shouldn't be necessary as the os will clean things up.

OP
ricks

ricks

Reaction score
It is almost 8 PM and my battery is at 80% with very little use all day. This is the first time I went over 24 hours with this phone.