Something has gotta give with this battery life

nerdbox08

Reaction score
This is my problem with this phone and am happy even after 45 days that Verizon is sending me a Droid Incredible in the mail which will be here on Monday. I rely on my way to much for work and am not always in a spot I can throw it on charge. The battery life sucks and you shouldn't have to root the phone or run task managers to save the life. I don't use live wallpapers, the only things running in the background are Weatherbug and Seesmic and push email of course. I don't use the phone all that much for more than checking Facebook once in awhile as well as Seesmic for Twitter which only updates every hour. The touch screen is very unresponsive. I've miised numerous calls because the stupid thing would slide to answer the call. The WiFi always disconnects even when I'm 6 feet from the router. It shows it's connected and have a full signal, but no connection. I have to turn it off and back on to get it to work again and even that is usually short lived. Sometimes it will last for 30 minutes, other times maybe 5. I won't miss this thing one bit I'm sorry to say. Looking forward to the Incredible. Hope it lives up to the hype. The reviews have been really good so far from what I've read.

It sucks you had problems but ill watch for your next post in five months saying the same thing about your next phone.

The battery reviews aren't any better with the incredible nor is the call quality...

We'll have to wait a few weeks to get a good feel about what is strong and weak about the incredible just like any other phone.

hookerdj

Reaction score
im swearing by juice defender and ultimate juice i v been hearing this for days about this and i have always been like ya right like that would work. i swear to you it already has shown over the past day its working as it should it says 2.43 times so even if you get 2 times the normal thats great i would think

shawnb2

Reaction score
This is my problem with this phone and am happy even after 45 days that Verizon is sending me a Droid Incredible in the mail which will be here on Monday. I rely on my way to much for work and am not always in a spot I can throw it on charge. The battery life sucks and you shouldn't have to root the phone or run task managers to save the life. I don't use live wallpapers, the only things running in the background are Weatherbug and Seesmic and push email of course. I don't use the phone all that much for more than checking Facebook once in awhile as well as Seesmic for Twitter which only updates every hour. The touch screen is very unresponsive. I've miised numerous calls because the stupid thing would slide to answer the call. The WiFi always disconnects even when I'm 6 feet from the router. It shows it's connected and have a full signal, but no connection. I have to turn it off and back on to get it to work again and even that is usually short lived. Sometimes it will last for 30 minutes, other times maybe 5. I won't miss this thing one bit I'm sorry to say. Looking forward to the Incredible. Hope it lives up to the hype. The reviews have been really good so far from what I've read.
It sucks you had problems but ill watch for your next post in five months saying the same thing about your next phone.

The battery reviews aren't any better with the incredible nor is the call quality...

We'll have to wait a few weeks to get a good feel about what is strong and weak about the incredible just like any other phone.

Please do so because if a phone can't get through the day of normal use without the damn battery going dead then yeah, there's going to be complaints. There seems to be tons of people here that do much more with their phones than I do and all you read about is oh well my phone is rooted, I use this program to manage everything and I get great battery life. If you have to resort to crap like that just to get through the day then it is not for me. I just want to be able to go buy a phone and have it do what it claims to do. I have no problem having to charge it at the end of every day, but when I can't make it through 2/3's of the day then it's gotta go. These things cost too much to risk losing the warranty by rooting.

shawnb2

Reaction score
At the end of the day, if you go to Settings > About Phone > Battery Use..

What is the top battery consumption uses?

The biggest of course is the screen. It's on auto brightness which I don't like either as it seems to be hard to read the screen most of the time. None the less it's using 33%. WiFi is second at 17% which is only on when I'm home. I turn it off as soon as I walk out the door trying to do anything to save the battery. Everything else is 3-7%. Maybe I have a lemon phone. Who knows? Hopefully that's the case and I'll just be that much happier with the Incredible.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Please do so because if a phone can't get through the day of normal use without the damn battery going dead then yeah, there's going to be complaints. There seems to be tons of people here that do much more with their phones than I do and all you read about is oh well my phone is rooted, I use this program to manage everything and I get great battery life. If you have to resort to crap like that just to get through the day then it is not for me. I just want to be able to go buy a phone and have it do what it claims to do. I have no problem having to charge it at the end of every day, but when I can't make it through 2/3's of the day then it's gotta go. These things cost too much to risk losing the warranty by rooting.

Rooted or stock (I've used both), I do email, a few text messages, a few phone calls, and have widgets constantly running and I'm at 50% by 10 pm on a bad day - again, whether I'm rooted or using stock. Regardless of what your battery usage is telling you, I'd almost guarantee you either have a bad battery, or there's something running that you're not seeing.

shawnb2

Reaction score

Rooted or stock (I've used both), I do email, a few text messages, a few phone calls, and have widgets constantly running and I'm at 50% by 10 pm on a bad day - again, whether I'm rooted or using stock. Regardless of what your battery usage is telling you, I'd almost guarantee you either have a bad battery, or there's something running that you're not seeing.

That's the only thing I can think of, because I know I'm not the only one complaining about it, but it certainly seems like more people are just fine with it and get through the day just fine. I basically do the same as you. Check my email. Get a few text messages through the day. Maybe make a couple phone calls. I have Seesmic update every hour, email is push so if it's a true push system it shouldn't be affecting anything and have Weatherbug running in the background. There has to be a deeper problem.